PDA

View Full Version : Pls. Help! Emails from Blackberry to Outlook

ChristianV
02-03-2006, 03:14 PM
I am so glad I found this forum!

I have quite a few emails on a RIM 7230 that I need to get into Outlook somehow. We are not using BES, emails to the "main" adress simply get forwarded to the blackberry.net address, and the Blackberry reconciles only tasks and contacts with Outlook.

According to T-Mobile and Blackberry, the only way to get emails out of the Blackberry is to manually forward them one by one. This is not practical since I would have to do that for several hundred messages.

Therefore, does anyone know a tool or some other way I could copy emails on Blackberry to the computer?

Thanks very much in advance!

Chris

zigzag
02-03-2006, 04:25 PM
I would like to do this as well. Maybe someone should write a program to let you explore the files, I dont even know if this is possible. I have only had one for 3 days.

newbies

stonent
02-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Sorry man the blackberry doesn't work that way...

ChristianV
02-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Sorry man the blackberry doesn't work that way...

Is there such a difference between a contact and an email message stored on BB. I cannot believe that it should not be possible to convert the data...

stonent
02-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey anything's possible... Pay someone to figure it out.

ChristianV
02-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Further to my question above, why doesn't it work to simply reconcile emails to an empty Outlook .pst with "handheld wins". In that case the handheld should "overwrite" the "deletions" (i.e. the absence of messages) in the mailbox and thereby adding all the emails, no? What is the problem with that?

I'd really appreciate any comments. Thank you all very much!

Chris

stonent
02-03-2006, 08:11 PM
It just doesn't work that way.

ChristianV
02-03-2006, 08:30 PM
so in how far could I "reconciliate" emails then and let BB "win"? There must be a meaning to that.....really puzzling