PDA

View Full Version : BB desktop broke my BB

BBStud
12-06-2011, 04:52 AM
I use a curve 8520
I downloaded BB desktop software 2.2.1 and after doing the back up decided to sync my calendar and contacts. The calendar didnt sync but thats not important here and i lost all my contacts on my BB. The back up restore worked fine but at the end i got an error message about SMS write. Now when i receive an SMS i see the yellow icon but dont know who its from as the log of SMS doesnt work. If i guess who its from then i can see the message and reply - otherwise im clueless with well over 999 contacts.

Any suggestions as to what i can do?

Also the facility to rename and save a new contact is not working.

BBStud
12-06-2011, 05:23 AM
been reading the general helps but not finding this specific problem - i use a macbook for the desktop software - any mac heads out there know how to help - perlease!

BBStud
12-06-2011, 05:59 AM
OK I found the problem but its still not fixed - when im in the messages inbox list it only shows MMS - so i hit BB button then go into Options and then Inbox Settings and then i can tick the Other Message Types box. I go out of this and save new settings and when i go back to my inbox all the SMS messages are there again.

However if i come out of the inbox then go back in, I have the same problem - its only showing the MMS messages. Im not going mad but this is a bit weird.

I hope someone can understand this problem now and help me get it fixed!
Roger

rambo47
12-06-2011, 08:50 AM
It sounds like a corruption of the OS. You can try reloading the OS and restoring your data from your backup file.