PDA

View Full Version : 8700c as Tmobile EDGE modem?

pbbjr
02-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Has anyone purchased an 8700c, unlocked it, and used it on Tmobile's network as an EDGE modem? If so, what did you do to use the 8700c as an EDGE modem and what speeds did you get? I'm presuming that any successful connection was via a USB tether and not Bluetooth.

I've searched high and low for this in the forums, and couldn't find any posts which answered these questions. If these questions have been answered, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Stinsonddog
02-03-2006, 06:36 PM
See my tips docs for some settings and do a little more searching here. There are threads.

Has anyone purchased an 8700c, unlocked it, and used it on Tmobile's network as an EDGE modem? If so, what did you do to use the 8700c as an EDGE modem and what speeds did you get? I'm presuming that any successful connection was via a USB tether and not Bluetooth.

I've searched high and low for this in the forums, and couldn't find any posts which answered these questions. If these questions have been answered, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

BB Junkie
02-03-2006, 06:49 PM
search harder, pbbjr. I see several threads about it like Stinsonddog's.