PDA

View Full Version : Delete ALL members of the Contacts list

JayKusch
02-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Evening.

Here is the deal. Was using my contacts for holding recuiter names and such. Did not know when I got my 8700c, since this is my first bb, that the sync operation would grab all the contacts from my Outlook contacts folder.

SO ... I now have 480+ contacts and 99% of them are bunch.

Is there a way to purge the ALL members from my 8700 and then have it grab the latest, cleaned up version of my Contacts that is in place now.

ALSO ... how do you get it to look at other groups in my Outlook and import them. I have a clients group with contacts in there I would like to add, possibly as a different group but if it all pours into the default bb Contacts folder ... that is fine too.

Thanks ALL and have a great weekend!

jk

jxdel
02-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Evening.

Here is the deal. Was using my contacts for holding recuiter names and such. Did not know when I got my 8700c, since this is my first bb, that the sync operation would grab all the contacts from my Outlook contacts folder.

SO ... I now have 480+ contacts and 99% of them are bunch.

Is there a way to purge the ALL members from my 8700 and then have it grab the latest, cleaned up version of my Contacts that is in place now.

ALSO ... how do you get it to look at other groups in my Outlook and import them. I have a clients group with contacts in there I would like to add, possibly as a different group but if it all pours into the default bb Contacts folder ... that is fine too.

Thanks ALL and have a great weekend!

jk

If you have "cleaned up" your contact list in outlook, if you re-sysnc it detect the changes between the outlook and blackberry device and it ask you if you want to accept changes on the BB. As for groups, I had to create the groups from with in the BB, name it and then just add the members I wanted to the group.

rcbjr
02-03-2006, 09:14 PM
You can also set categories in outlook and after they're synced you can filter on those.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

JayKusch
02-06-2006, 04:11 PM
I just cannot get this darn BB to sync up with what is in my Outlook Contacts folder.

I have deleted all but 36 contacts from the Outlook Contacts folder.

I still have the 480+ contacts still in the BB.

I have turned off the wireless sync option and am able to use the BB Desktop manager.

I have tried every combination in IntelliSync app to sync the PIM data. Obviously I am missing one combination.

I have been able to get it to want to Sync the 450+ contacts in my BB back into OutLook, which I quickly cancelled, BUT ... I have not found the right settings to have it delete the 450+ contacts from the BB.

Any Ideas?

Thanks ALL!

Pharma
02-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Why don't you just wipe unit then re-sync?

JayKusch
02-06-2006, 04:25 PM
OK ... how may I go about doing that?

Thanks!

johnfromphilly
02-06-2006, 04:33 PM
OK ... how may I go about doing that?

Thanks!

In desktop manager click backup and restore then click advanced. Highlight what you want to delete and clear it.

I think there is also a "purge and reload" option or a "desktop overwrites handheld" option when synching. That may be in companionlink though ( an addin I have) not on the desktop manager so soory if that last part does not help. I use Companion Link to sync ACT! to my BB.

JayKusch
02-06-2006, 07:23 PM
BINGO!

Thanx

xkon
02-07-2006, 07:00 AM
you can also go into advanced backup and wipe specific items in the BB as well, thats not so extreme!

d_fisher
02-07-2006, 09:02 AM
you can also go into advanced backup and wipe specific items in the BB as well, thats not so extreme!To expand on xkon's comment.

Connect your BlackBerry, launch Desktop Manager.
Select Backup and Restore.
Click on Advanced button.
Highlight Address Book from the Device Database list.
Press Clear button.
Your BlackBerry address book should now be empty. Re-sync with Outlook to pull in the contacts.

johnfromphilly
02-07-2006, 09:18 AM
To expand on xkon's comment.

Connect your BlackBerry, launch Desktop Manager.
Select Backup and Restore.
Click on Advanced button.
Highlight Address Book from the Device Database list.
Press Clear button.
Your BlackBerry address book should now be empty. Re-sync with Outlook to pull in the contacts.

That sounds vaguely familiar... :razz:

In desktop manager click backup and restore then click advanced. Highlight what you want to delete and clear it.

Glad you got it worked out... (y) :smile: