PDA

View Full Version : Cant access internet, error not in data area.HELP

PSCbrenden
02-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Ive been using my browser with no problem for about 3 days, and now all of a sudden im getting the message.

"You are not currently in an area that can handle data communication. As a result teh brower can not access web pages"

Im in the same area ive always been, browser worked fine this morning. What should i do?

Stinsonddog
02-03-2006, 10:45 PM
What is your screen showing: GSM, grps or GRPS. If it's not in caps, it won't get to the internet. Or are you on another carrier. More info needed.

Ive been using my browser with no problem for about 3 days, and now all of a sudden im getting the message.

"You are not currently in an area that can handle data communication. As a result teh brower can not access web pages"

Im in the same area ive always been, browser worked fine this morning. What should i do?

PSCbrenden
02-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Im with cingular its showing GSM. i have the unlimited data in at 7100g

What is your screen showing: GSM, grps or GRPS. If it's not in caps, it won't get to the internet. Or are you on another carrier. More info needed.

Stinsonddog
02-03-2006, 11:25 PM
You need GRPS for data. There is a little on this in my 8700 tips. It's not in my 7100 tips but you might want to download that and use it if you are new to the BB. Sometimes you need to reboot. For the 7100g, that means take the battery out. It didn't happen to me too often with the 7100 but once in while. Good luck.

Im with cingular its showing GSM. i have the unlimited data in at 7100g