PDA

View Full Version : Keep losing Blackberry Browser

brendenm
02-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Okay this is starting to get more then just a little annoying. This is the third time that all of a sudden I lose the ability to use the Blackberry Browser. The error message is "Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later." My Internet Browser and mMode (I'm with Cingular) work just fine, just not Blackberry Browser through our BES.

I've tried deleting all of the service books off of the device and resyncing it. Resending the Service books from the BES AND from the Webclient page. Still no luck.

This happens without any rhyme or reason and it's not just happening on mine, I've noticed it on a couple of other people. Thankfully they aren't trying to access our intranet as much as I am.

Anyone have any ideas or a direction to point me in for a solution. I've called Cingular multiple times and have been escalated to RIM each of those times. Still no reason or exact step by step method on how to correct.

Thanks,
Brenden

PS: I'm one of the BES administrators and I know we don't have any policy (at least not on my handheld) that would be preventing this operation.

brendenm
02-04-2006, 03:26 PM
I looked at the services in BES Enterprise Manager and everything looked fine. I think looked under the Services mmc and say that the Blackberry Mobile Data Service service was stopped. I restarted the service and now everything is a okay!

Yeah......what a sec.. now I don't have a reason that I can't update my tickets remotely....DOH!!!! more work :cry: