PDA

View Full Version : Coroparate control of a black berry

Maceblack
12-24-2011, 02:27 AM
I have a 9300 Black berry running OS 6 and I just downloaded blackberry podcast. It is not working and I can not delete the application. I am suspecting my provider Wind mobile of pushing the application to my phone. How can I confirm the network is secure with my blackberry on the wind mobile network?

Medic48
12-24-2011, 02:45 AM
I have a 9300 Black berry running OS 6 and I just downloaded blackberry podcast. It is not working and I can not delete the application. I am suspecting my provider Wind mobile of pushing the application to my phone. How can I confirm the network is secure with my blackberry on the wind mobile network?

What do you mean confirm the network is secure?

Data is sent and encrypted through the RIM servers before going out to it's final destination. They have received multiple certificates from international security associations for this.

--Phil

rambo47
12-24-2011, 09:18 AM
If you're on a corporate BES system you may not be allowed to use third-party apps. The company pushes an IT Policy to all users that dictates how the device may be used. They lock out features like non-corporate email and often force the device to self-lock after a set period of time. There is no way around this policy and even attempting to mess with it is often grounds for immediate dismissal. Check with your IT Department.

Maceblack
12-24-2011, 10:30 PM
thanks rambo47. My Blackberry I purchased separate but I use it with wind mobile Canada. The blackberry should not be under coporate control but When I asked Wind to set my account for a Blackberry they did configured soemthing. When I called back I relaized there was more like APN information which was provided to me and now I noticed the 3G and blackberry sysmbol in the top right corner.

Is there a way to confirm the use of BIS (blackberry internet service)?

hrbuckley
12-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Please don't ask the same question in two different threads (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/256471-verifing-bis-operation.html). It gets very confusing.

If you see the BB symbol in the top right corner then you have BIS service (since you don't have BES service).