PDA

View Full Version : Google Mobile Now Personalized

Stinsonddog
02-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Check out the personalized Google Mobile

http://mobile.google.com/personalized/promo.html

coreyg510
02-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Nice, Similar to a BBtoday. Getting to google mobile takes a little longer than BBtoday and similar programs, but for users that dont have those applications loaded on their BB, its cool.

BBmertz
02-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Cool feature! Now if only I could get a definitive answer on how to get Google Local to load on my Cingular 8700c without running into the dreaded "Network Unavailable" error (reported in several other threads without any workable solutions), I'd be a happy camper...

coreyg510
02-04-2006, 08:02 PM
It would be nice for this to be in an application type setting that you didnt have to log on to the web for. I can dream....

Stinsonddog
02-04-2006, 08:08 PM
If you are the server needs to MDS - mobile data services- set to true. If not, have you modified your TCP or APN settings, and have you resent yourself all your service books. Cool feature! Now if only I could get a definitive answer on how to get Google Local to load on my Cingular 8700c without running into the dreaded "Network Unavailable" error (reported in several other threads without any workable solutions), I'd be a happy camper...

BBmertz
02-04-2006, 10:04 PM
If you are the server needs to MDS - mobile data services- set to true. If not, have you modified your TCP or APN settings, and have you resent yourself all your service books.
Thanks for your suggestion. Modifying the IPPP service books (as suggested in other threads) had no effect, however modifying the TCP/APN setting using Mark's instructions found at http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185 did the trick!!

Stinsonddog
02-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Just so others are clear, what carrier and what settings.

PS grew up in Encino.

Thanks for your suggestion. Modifying the IPPP service books (as suggested in other threads) had no effect, however modifying the TCP/APN setting using Mark's instructions found at http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185 did the trick!!

BBmertz
02-05-2006, 03:27 AM
Just so others are clear, what carrier and what settings.

PS grew up in Encino.
For the 8700c on Cingular blue (formerly ATT Wireless) on corporate BES, the settings were:

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP
APN: proxy
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)
Save and then reboot by removing the battery.

Unfortunately, I still receive the "Network Unavailable" error after using Google Local a few times, and then need to reboot the device in order to get this application to load again. Any suggested fixes?

PS Grew up in Northridge, not far away from Encino.

Stinsonddog
02-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Ask your IT to make sure MDS is on. You shouldn't even need the proxy in if that is true, I think. When google didn't work did you have full EDGE?

For the 8700c on Cingular blue (formerly ATT Wireless) on corporate BES, the settings were:

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP
APN: proxy
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)
Save and then reboot by removing the battery.

Unfortunately, I still receive the "Network Unavailable" error after using Google Local a few times, and then need to reboot the device in order to get this application to load again. Any suggested fixes?

PS Grew up in Northridge, not far away from Encino.