PDA

View Full Version : changing logging settings in Server configuration

fruitadmin
02-06-2006, 03:00 PM
First off hello everybody. I've been a LONG TIME lurker in these forums and have come across something that I could neither figure out on my own or find in the search archives.

As the subject states I am trying to change some of the logging settings in the Blackberry server configuration tool. Namely I want to set the Debug log maximum daily file age to 14 days however this tool doesn't seem to let me do anymore than just veiw, I can't change the settings. I found the corresponding entries in the registry but I'm a little hesitant to mess with my production environment in this way. Also in the registry I see an entry for everything EXCEPT debug log maximum daily file age.

How can I change these settings and is there a way to make the logging tab in the server configuration an actual USEFUL tab? Thanks in advance.

Oh yea and here is the info on my particular environment:

BES 4.0.3.7
Windows server 2003
SQL server back end
MS Exchange 2003

BaronVonBB
02-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Although all of my BES boxes are still on 4.0 /w SP2, I am able to make the change you described. Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing.....I open the BB Server Configuration application, select the logging tab, and then in the log settings window scroll down to the particular log file settings which I want to modify. By clicking on the number associated with 'Debug log maximum daily file age' I am able to change the number of days and can then click OK or Apply.

Are we referring to the same thing? Again, my BES are still on 4.0 SP2, while I noticed that you're at SP3 so there might be some differences therein.

BlackBerryLinks
02-06-2006, 05:01 PM
No SP3 is the same, but yes you need to click on the number to change it. In the first place it looks like you can only view here.

Regards,
Bob

fruitadmin
02-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Ok so I finally got it working. Yes I tried clicking on the numbers as well as the names. VERY odd behavior to say the least. In the end I just manually changed the settings in the registry and rebooted the BES last night. After the reboot I was able to edit the fields in the configuration manager.

I'm as confused as anybody as to why that happened but it works now so I'm not going to get to worked up over it. Thanks!