PDA

View Full Version : Having troubles need help

OlderThanDirt
02-26-2012, 01:31 PM
After logging in to BIS website and clicking on the Change Device link, I only see the model and PIN of my old device. After clicking the Detect New Device button, I get the following error message:

"Unable to detect new device. It may take a few minutes for a new device to be detected. Make sure your new SIM card is in your device and try again. If you do not have a SIM card, make sure your device is activated and try again."

Trouble is it has been over a week with the same error message and the on board diagnostics tests always FAIL at connecting to device email.

The Help database recommends adding the BlackBerry email address again through the Setup function on the device. Cannot add the email address without the original password which I forgot and there is no Forgot Password link for email in device OS7.

Im at my wits end.

I cannot get my blackberry email to connect to RIM's servers.
I cannot get the BIS website to recognize my new BB.
I cannot make AT&T/Premier or BlackBerry support understand my problem.

Dubdub
02-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Call your carrier and talk to tech support, if they don't understand, ask them to go to RIM for help.

What else did you do when you changed devices? What password have you forgotten, BIS or the email account itself? If BIS, AT&T should be able to reset it. If the email account, then call the ISP and have them reset it.

OlderThanDirt
02-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Call your carrier and talk to tech support, if they don't understand, ask them to go to RIM for help.

What else did you do when you changed devices? What password have you forgotten, BIS or the email account itself? If BIS, AT&T should be able to reset it. If the email account, then call the ISP and have them reset it.

One full week of all of the above...
No offense Dub, but you sound exactly like AT&T support...no recollection of what I just stated five minutes ago.

Called ATT Tech Support 3 times
ATT Tech Support realized they did not have adequate knowledge of BB and
transferred to BB Tech Support 3 times
BB Tech Support says if you use Device OS7 they cannot reset a password remotely, it must be done from my device or computer
The BB email password is lost
I have a fully functioning BB ID username and password which does not help
I can easily log in to BIS and view edit all my email addresses except the BB email account originally setup 10 years and 4 devices ago
Without connecting this email address to RIM servers, I am unable to fully register this device with my carrier's systems and collect the email going to this address

NJBlackBerry
02-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Please drop the attitude now.
This is a volunteer run forum, not associated with Research In Motion or any carrier.

Call AT&T again and get help from them. Sounds to me like your account is not provisioned properly.

OlderThanDirt
02-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Please drop the attitude now.
This is a volunteer run forum, not associated with Research In Motion or any carrier.

Call AT&T again and get help from them. Sounds to me like your account is not provisioned properly.

Interesting...
The BB has been provisioned twice...and service books were sent directly from tier one support. I always get registration emails for all accounts except the one with the problem.

My attitude is frustration not directed at anyone in particular. I generated this thread knowing full well there are many carrier employees and RIM representatives who happen to be members here. There is usually more quality help and support on these boards than anywhere else.

My apologies to anyone who feels personally uncomfortable with my tone. I should tell you that contrary to ATT policy, I was on hold with ATT Tech Support two Fridays (my first visit regarding this concern) at the ATT Core store for 33 minutes which is supposed to be impossible. Then, the multiple calls with no resolution followed. I am unwilling to call ATT yet again at this time.

Dubdub
02-26-2012, 06:22 PM
One full week of all of the above...
No offense Dub, but you sound exactly like AT&T support...no recollection of what I just stated five minutes ago.

Called ATT Tech Support 3 times
ATT Tech Support realized they did not have adequate knowledge of BB and
transferred to BB Tech Support 3 times
BB Tech Support says if you use Device OS7 they cannot reset a password remotely, it must be done from my device or computer
The BB email password is lost
I have a fully functioning BB ID username and password which does not help
I can easily log in to BIS and view edit all my email addresses except the BB email account originally setup 10 years and 4 devices ago
Without connecting this email address to RIM servers, I am unable to fully register this device with my carrier's systems and collect the email going to this address

Good luck.

tsac
02-26-2012, 07:55 PM
find a device support center and ask for a supervisor. do not go to a store run by a vendor.