PDA

View Full Version : Movie download to PlayBook...?

Canuck
03-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Is there a simply way to download movies to PlayBook that is easily understood by a 70 year old 'technopeasant' like me...? Any assistance greatly appreciated...!

jslawell
03-16-2012, 01:55 PM
You could use the video store app.

Or are you trying to a movie you own on DVD to a digital format?

Canuck
03-16-2012, 05:52 PM
You could use the video store app.

Or are you trying to a movie you own on DVD to a digital format?

No, just interested in buying something online to view on the plane...

jslawell
03-16-2012, 06:57 PM
If you upgraded to 2.0 it has a video store the use can use to purchase movies. As long as you are in the. US.

DaBBGuy
03-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Or you can rip a copy to a PC (I have a Mac) (only if you own a copy of the movie) and then copy it to the Playbook by Wi-fi or the BB desktop software and watch it.

federgejzla
03-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Download a movie from any website you can or use the built-in video store. PlayBook supports a great variety of standard formats - see "Supported Media Types on BlackBerry Tablets Reference Guide" ... sorry - I am not allowed to post URLs so here it is this way:

docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27267/Supported_Media_Types_on_BlackBerry_Tablets_(English).pdf

(no spaces in the URL, don't know why the preview is adding it, or Google the name)

If you already have the movie on your computer, you can simply copy it to your PlayBook in one of two ways:

a) Allow file sharing over WiFi (Settings -> Storage & Sharing, then allow "File Sharing" *and* Wi-Fi Sharing). Your PlayBook will appear on the network with its shared drive so you can copy the files from your computer to it wirelessly.

b) Just allow file sharing (like above, not WiFi) and connect your PlayBook to your computer using USB cable. If you are doing this for the first time you will install some software, then you will notice a new drive, which is the PlayBook.

smoothadmin
03-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Is there a simply way to download movies to PlayBook that is easily understood by a 70 year old 'technopeasant' like me...? Any assistance greatly appreciated...!

Use PavTube to make a backup of the video to mp4 at 720p.

luckyAlyssa
03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
PavTube +1
to be honest, i tried lots of DVD ripping software, PavTube DVD ripper is more
satisfactory, pretty good video quality and fast conversion speed, optimized playbook preset makes the operation steps much easier, i love it

pavtube.com/dvd_ripper/

johnherdman
03-23-2012, 11:57 AM
I use DVD Ripper by iSkysoft DVD Ripper for Windows-Rip DVDs to Video and Audio | iSkysoft (http://www.iskysoft.com/dvd-ripper-windows.html).

Thats the link for the windows version, there is a version for the Mac as well.

Customer Service is good and its never failed on me yet after 2 years of using it.