PDA

View Full Version : Out of office

rbodri
04-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Hello @<hidden> all,

I face the problem that Out Of Office isn't synchronized between Outlook and Blackberry.

Even if Out of Office is set in Outlook or Blackberry.
After 20 min and reconcile now, the changes don't take effect.

In which Log can I find this reconciliation?

Is this a know issue.

environment:
Exchange 2010
BES 5.0.3 MR 6

Thank you in advance.

cordially,
B R

rbodri
04-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Really no one can help me about my request, or give me an idea?

Dubdub
04-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Probably not with a cryptic title such as you used. And lack of information in your post.

What exactly are you trying to correct?

knottyrope
04-24-2012, 01:05 PM
are you sure it is BES related?

Exchange 2010 OOF Simply not working (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/b5026be0-c7ef-4fc2-878c-cd80f2ee26c8)

freakinvibe
04-25-2012, 02:45 AM
Is Out-of-Office working at all (i.e. if you switch on OOF on Outlook, will people get your OOF message)?

MisterGriffiths
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM
We have intermittent issues with OOF. We have Content Protection enabled on all our handhelds. In order to analyse the issue we need to run the handheld event logging in debug mode but you can't do this with Content Protection enabled so for testing purposes, we disable Content Protection.

Guess what, we never get the issue when Content Protection is disabled.

We are guessing the problem is likely caused by Content Protection but we can't turn it off.

So, do you use Content Protection?

freakinvibe
04-26-2012, 01:26 AM
We have intermittent issues with OOF
What exactly do you mean by that?

OOF is not in any way dependent on Blackberry or BES. So if you switch on OOF on Outlook, the Exchange server will serve OOF replies.

The only part where BB comes into play is when you switch on OOF via the BB. This should then switch it on on Exchange.

So what are the exact intermittent issues? The sync of OOF from BB to Exchange. Or are OOF messages not going out intermittently? Please be as precise and detailed as possible.

MisterGriffiths
04-26-2012, 01:31 AM
What exactly do you mean by that?

OOF is not in any way dependent on Blackberry or BES. So if you switch on OOF on Outlook, the Exchange server will serve OOF replies.

The only part where BB comes into play is when you switch on OOF via the BB. This should then switch it on on Exchange.

So what are the exact intermittent issues? The sync of OOF from BB to Exchange. Or are OOF messages not going out intermittently? Please be as precise and detailed as possible.

I'm not looking for your support here so I haven't given more detail. Maybe bother to actually read what I wrote and my question at the end before throwing your toys out the pram.

freakinvibe
04-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Content Protection is mandatory for us as well and we don't have any OOF issues. I would still be interested what the issues are (of you and of the original poster).