PDA

View Full Version : Help restoring data from ipd file

Horatius
04-23-2012, 08:35 AM
My uncle just had his Blackberry (Bold 9900) replaced and has his 1900 or so contacts backed up in an IPD file, and I'm having trouble getting that data back onto the phone. I'm not familiar with BB and am using Magicberry which he already had to read the file and try to export it to CSV but this file is not accepted when I try to sync it to the phone in the Desktop Software, and from what little information I can find, the CSV file exported by Magicberry has the wrong formatting or something. Does anyone know a suitable method to get a compatible CSV file that can be synced to the device or an alternative method to get the data onto the phone?

devnull
04-23-2012, 12:43 PM
KB10339-How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file (http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=91866E9CC84DFCB024FC0EA08FC33A16?externalId=KB10339&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&noCount=true&ViewedDocsListHelper=com.kanisa.apps.common.BaseViewedDocsListHelperImpl)

Ambika
04-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Hi

Here all you need to do is download the device manager from BlackBerry store and sync your BB with the system then you would be able to get the backup and put the same onto the new device.
Make sure the Device manager is compatible with Latest OS version for your 9900

Let me know if this helps you.

Regards
Ambika

dc/dc
04-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi

Here all you need to do is download the device manager from BlackBerry store and sync your BB with the system then you would be able to get the backup and put the same onto the new device.
Make sure the Device manager is compatible with Latest OS version for your 9900

Let me know if this helps you.

Regards
Ambika

The question was already answered, so no, that doesn't help.