PDA

View Full Version : International BBM activation and usage.

Mcniglsworth
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Howdy Gentlesirs

So my problem is activating BBM without having a BB data plan. I'm in Europe for the next few months traveling (from Canada) and I'd like to be able to use BBM.

I've done a lot of looking and I do realize it is not possible to activate BBM without a BB data plan. Here's my plan and I'd like to know if this would work or not.

I'm obviously not using my SIM card from home as the roaming charges would be ridiculous. Right now I have a Vodafone pay-as-you-go SIM in right now. I was using my old galaxy s for a short while before I was able to unlock my BB. Now, I can text and that's basically it. I can't use many apps since there is no BIS connectivity.

So if I were to pay the $5 and get the BB data activated so I can activate the BBM with the new SIM card, as long as I keep the same SIM card in the phone, will I be able to use BBM over WIFI and disable the mobile network or would it stop working?

I hope this makes sense if not I will try and clarify. Thanks in advance.

oops forgot to say... My phone is a Curve 9360.

aiharkness
05-12-2012, 08:15 AM
No BlackBerry data plan = no BBM
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

trickyone
05-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Might that not be carrier specific? I am with Rogers (Canada) and my plan gives me BBM without having a data plan
Mind you it is a very modest plan but it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

I just use the BBM to keep in touch with my kids and a few friends.