PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry & Lotus Notes asynchronous?

zeroseven
06-27-2012, 03:05 AM
hi guys,

i have a user who is complaining because his mailbox is asynchronous with lotus notes (8.5.3) on his pc. (BES > v5)

i have many times re-activated the device.
the inbox itself is synchronous but not the subfolders.

What would you suggest?

jamead1981
06-27-2012, 04:15 AM
BES does not synchronize the total inbox - by default only the Inbox and Sent Items are sync'd.

If he wants other folders sync'd he should go to Options - Email Preferences then press the menu key and select Folder Redirection - he can then tick which folders he wants to be pushed to the device.

NOTE - only new email in those folders will be pushed.

zeroseven
07-26-2012, 02:27 AM
thanks for your reply but I have another question.

how is it that in lotus notes my inbox has i.e about 100 unread mails and on my blackberry maybe 20 or 10.
folder redirection for the inbox is always active.

also if i make changes on my bb like marking an email as read, i don't see any changes in lotus notes either.

knottyrope
07-26-2012, 10:58 AM
BES 5 will only look at the last 30 days of email upon activation if you set it that high.

Reconcile options on teh phone can make it so only the phone refects the status.

You can make it so both handheld and phone are in sync though.

zeroseven
08-02-2012, 01:16 AM
BES 5 will only look at the last 30 days of email upon activation if you set it that high.

where can i set that?

You can make it so both handheld and phone are in sync though.

it would be great if you could give more details. i still don't know how to do that.

knottyrope
08-02-2012, 08:45 AM
where can i set that?

see link below

it would be great if you could give more details. i still don't know how to do that.

to mimic the mailbox status
Make sure that Wireless Reconcile is set to On. Sometimes toggling that to off, saving it, then turning it back on.
Messages Options - Email reconciliation -
Delete on Mailbox and handheld,
wireless reconcile = Yes
On conflicts = Mailbox wins.

to not mimic turn off reconcile and or delete on handheld and mail box

Lots of good common stuff you should read up on for issue.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/This-is-the-best-fix-for-your-BES-server/td-p/742181