PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to PocketDay Lists

freewheeling
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Just bought a Blackberry Bold 9650 used and wanted to transfer my license for PocketDay Lists. I went online and downloaded the latest version and then emailed them with my new pin number to get a new key. They returned the following message.

"Unfortunately we have discontinued all of our blackberry products."

But I'd just downloaded the latest version, and after all I'd purchased the product and at the time had just told me that if I change devices just email them for a new key. So I checked online again, and suddenly the pocketday.com site is down.

Well, whoever the parent company is, I'll never buy from them again. But I need some sort of app that I can use in place of Pockeday Lists. Any advice?

Oddly enough the version that I downloaded still works, but since it's only a 30 day trial and they won't give me a key it'll probably expire soon. Heckuva thing!

dc/dc
07-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Please search. There is a nice long post here about it being discontinued.

freewheeling
07-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Please search. There is a nice long post here about it being discontinued.

I found a short post with "sad day" in the title, but nothing other than that. Nothing about alternatives to pocketday apps.

jimfraser
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I found a short post with "sad day" in the title, but nothing other than that. Nothing about alternatives to pocketday apps.

I bought back in 2005 so I guess I got my money's worth. Fortionately I upgraded my device in Feb of this year so got a key before it closed down.
Very discouraging to see such a top developer abandon the BlackBerry platform.

newportironman
10-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I just had to have my 9930 replaced under warranty. First PIN change in a while. I love Pocketday. As observed in this and other threads it may be impossible for me to get a new registration #.
Before I try, does anyone know if installing an old .cod froma backup will work around the need for a pin change or will it still come up under 30 day trial. I downloaded the program this time from their web site which still works for the new install. I had total loss of data. I also tried to pay the $9.95 on app world and it reinstalled the program but didn't charge me and it's still in demo mode. Am I doomed after 30 days?