PDA

View Full Version : Deleting SMS's from SIM?

Hippo Man
02-10-2006, 08:53 PM
I have a 7105t. For a while, I had "Leave messages on SIM Card" set to "Yes" in Options->SMS. However, I have recently changed that to "No", and now, I want to get rid of the old SMS's that are still living on the SIM. Could anyone point me to some instructions for removing those old SMS's from my SIM card?

I have the same question about a 7100g ... it probably has the same answer, but just in case ...

Thanks in advance.

Concept
02-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Why don't you just go to your messages and hit alt+s which brings up just SMS messages. And if you know which ones you wanna delete than do just that. If you don't than delete them all. Click saved messages to find your saved ones if you have OS 4.1 installed. If not than go to your saved messages folder and delete from there too.

coreyg510
02-10-2006, 10:47 PM
you can go to options, sms, change leave messages on sim card to NO

coreyg510
02-10-2006, 10:48 PM
DOH! yea just do what Concept said.

Hippo Man
02-11-2006, 12:57 AM
you can go to options, sms, change leave messages on sim card to NOBut this is what I did (see my original post). Doing this makes sure that no new SMS's get saved on the SIM, but the old ones still remain there.

Also, to Concept: I am not looking to delete all SMS's, but rather, just those SMS's that are on the SIM. How do I know which of the messages in the alt-s list are on the SIM, and which ones are just stored in my BlackBerry's memory?

In other words, I want to keep all of the SMS's that are in my BlackBerry's memory. But if some of those same messages are also stored on the SIM, I want to delete them just from the SIM, but not from the BlackBerry's memory.

Thanks.

Concept
02-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Turn off your BB and take out the battery and sim card. Then re-install after about 5-10 seconds and start your BB. Then you will notice that the messages saved on your BB will still be there but the messages that are saved on the sim will show up as new messages at the top of the list. The saved messages on the sim always show up on as new messages when you put your sim back in. This way you will know what messages are on the sim. Then you can open those and click save, then delete. This way the messages will be saved on your BB but should be deleted off of your sim (I think, this is my best guess). But if you save them first before you delete than you will have them on your BB regardless if they are deleted off the sim or not.