PDA

View Full Version : Can Sumbody Please Help Me?????

DK15
02-12-2006, 05:34 AM
HOW EXACTLY DO YOU REINSTALL THA OS ON MY BB 7100i......BECUZ I TRIED TO LOAD UP SOME THEMES BUT IT MESSED UP MY WHOLE THEME APP

roofus
02-12-2006, 06:38 AM
1. Use lower case - upper case is shouting!

2. You should wipe your device using "javaloader -usb wipe" Plug your bb directly to your computer - do not use a hub.

3. Reintall your OS using Desktop manager.

4. Before installing anymore themes use the "Search" utility so you will know how.

Instructions on using javaloader prepared by another forum member (Andreas) are found below - follow them carefully:

Using JavaLoader

Purpose:

To use the JavaLoader.exe file to perform low-level, debugging, or loading operations on a BlackBerry

Reason:

JavaLoader.exe is a powerful tool that can be used for various administrative tasks on the BlackBerry, however most users (and admins too) find it difficult to use.

Models:

Relevant for all USB java models (in theory serial/com port models are the same, but you must specify the port the device is attached to rather than USB)

Firmware:

All Java versions

Prerequisites:

none.

Notes:

This guide only covers those JavaLoader utilities which we have experience with, if you have experience with the other utilities we'd be glad to add the use here (contact us please).

We use output redirection to save some of JavaLoader's output to a text file, to display on the screen rather than save to a file remove the "> file.txt" portion of the command.

These commands must be run from a Command shell (Win9x: Start --> Run --> command, Win2000+: Start --> Run --> cmd) and in the directory (folder) where javaloader.exe exists (typically: C:Program FilesResearch In MotionBlackBerry JDE 4.0bin).

WARNING: The Javaloader.exe tool should be handled with extreme care, particularily when used for wiping devices, loading modules, or removing modules. BlackBerryGuide.com (and its affiliates) take no responsibility in the use of this tool, use at your own risk. Please read our disclaimer for more information.

Details:

Obtaining JavaLoader.exe

JavaLoader.exe comes with the BlackBerry JDE, you can download it here: www.blackberry.com/developers/na/java/tools/index.shtml

Description:

Usage: JavaLoader [-usb] [-p] [-b] [-d0|-d1] [-w] [-i] [-q]

is one of

dir [-d] [-s]
deviceinfo
load ...
save ...
info [-d] ...
wipe [-f | -a]
erase [-f] ...
debugmode
eventlog
settime
radio on|off
enum
siblinginfo ...

Examples:

Load a .cod file to the device:

javaloader -usb load

Note on dependencies: If you are loading many modules, load the child-modules first

Erase a module from the device (caution is urged):

javaloader -usb erase

Erase a module from the device (force if in use, extreme caution is urged):

javaloader -usb erase -f

Wipe the device (considered a low-level format, caution is urged):

javaloader -usb wipe

Save the device info to a text file (device.txt):

javaloader -usb deviceinfo > device.txt

Save the eventlog to a text file (event.txt):

javaloader -usb eventlog > event.txt

Save a listing of all modules on the device to a text file (dir.txt):

javaloader -usb dir > dir.txt

Save a listing of all modules & Dependencies on the device to a
text file (dir.txt):

javaloader -usb dir -d > dir.txt

Save a listing of all modules & sub-modules on the device to a text file (dir.txt):

javaloader -usb dir -s > dir.txt

Turn the device radio on:

javaloader -usb radio on

Turn the device radio off:

javaloader -usb radio off

More info is available using "Search"

Good Luck!

NJBlackBerry
02-12-2006, 09:38 AM
And stop screwing around with themes until you understand what you are doing.

DK15
02-12-2006, 11:28 AM
these directions are not clear @<hidden> all...sumbody please help??????