PDA

View Full Version : A handful of questions needing cleared up before I get my 8700c

Liv
02-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Howdy All.

Okay, so I am on the verge of getting my 8700 (from cingular) and am dealing with a bit of confusion.

Can anyone help this girl out a bit?

Here are the logistics of what I will be doing.

Getting just the unlimited data plan ONLY from cingular, then going to exchangemymail.com to get their BES. I am trying to work out in my mind how the whole BES thing works. I have been doing a lot of research and am very excited about this, but really kind of worried that I may be getting in over my head. Here are my questions.

1) How much exactly would it be per month to use Exchange My Mail? Is it 14.99 for the 200mb, PLUS 10 bucks a month being I am using a blackberry? And I asked a couple days ago on the EMM thread if it was possibly to sync between my BB my desktop AND laptop to get it all integrated together - does anyone else here know the answer? Or if they are doing this?

2) I am really into the whole idea of the push email system, but I am going to need to get email from one-two gmail addresses, and up to four domained addresses (each from a different domain). Is this going to be an issue? Am I going to run into a bunch of problems trying to do this? I would need to be able to reply to each email by their respective email addresses.

3) Are there a lot of email syncing problems? For instance I go to my outlook and will have to try to figure out which I have seen and which I have not seen because they are all still marked new on my computer? Or will I be able to set it up so that there is a copy saved to my computer instead of me having to only have records of it on my BB?

3) If I am going to get this to use for a PDA, laptop replacement when traveling, to get my email on the spot, and to make my life much easier, is this a good choice for me? I am not a business woman per se' I run a bunch of stuff online for different companies with the majority of it being email. As well as a bunch of online products. Is this a good choice I am making? Or am I going in way over my head?

Ack. I think I am going to have a gadget nervous breakdown. Ha.

Thank you to anyone who is helping me deal with this.

Oh, and I have searched a lot of these questions, I just don't feel I am finding the "personalized" answer I need.