PDA

View Full Version : remove/change signature

hubavai
02-13-2006, 12:15 PM
It appears that my signature is "Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless"...I don't want this!

I tried following the instructions to add auto signature --I go to messages /options but all I get is : general options and email rec. I can't find email options..and the part where I can change/add auto signature.

I realise that others have the same problem.. could someone please clarify this?

Thanks.

rcbjr
02-13-2006, 01:10 PM
You can do it through your WebClient/BIS page. Either under Profiles or Options. Can't remember which.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

hubavai
02-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Aesome! Thanks a lot!
Hubavai

GoFrogs
02-15-2006, 02:25 PM
I have the Cingular BIS and have my signature appending correctly. Problem is on a REPLY, it appends to the entire bottom of the message which is not what I want. I hunted but could not find a way to have the Signature appended to the end of my typed message rather than the text that was appended in the reply. Any ideas?

justin.culp
02-15-2006, 03:26 PM
There is nothing you can do about that. It will append itself to the bottom of the email in total, not just the message.

You can fill in your owner info (options, owner) the way you want it to look in your email.

At the end of your email type SIG and hit the enter key. This will insert your info at the bottom of the email message.

noremac
02-20-2006, 09:47 AM
...Problem is on a REPLY, it appends to the entire bottom of the message which is not what I want. I hunted but could not find a way to have the Signature appended to the end of my typed message rather than the text that was appended in the reply. Any ideas?

I have the same complaint. On BES, I believe Auto Signature can be set to append at the end of your text, but not on BIS.

I like to reply-with-original-text mainly so that I can see what I am responding to. But recall there is the option to Delete Original Text after you compose your response.