PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8520 TrackPad Issue

dafs19
01-14-2013, 02:00 AM
I am using BB 8520 with OS version 5.0.0.1036 (Bundle 1682, Platform 5.2.0.104) and I am having issues with my trackpad, sometimes it works and sometime not (infact most of the time), and whenever i perform hard reset, it start working for around 20 to 30 mins then again same problem.

Please help & suggest.

bisleri
01-14-2013, 03:59 AM
The BlackBerry Device Software is out of date and requires an update to resolve the trackpad, trackball or keyboard issue.
OR
Make sure the trackpad is not affected by a software freeze or an application freezing.

From the Home screen, select Options.
Select Screen/Keyboard.
Ensure Trackball Audible Roll is selected.
Rapidly roll the trackball up, down, right, and left.
If an audible click is not heard, the problem may be related to a hardware issue. Please contact the wireless service provider for additional steps.

dc/dc
01-14-2013, 08:07 AM
The BlackBerry Device Software is out of date and requires an update to resolve the trackpad, trackball or keyboard issue.
OR
Make sure the trackpad is not affected by a software freeze or an application freezing.

From the Home screen, select Options.
Select Screen/Keyboard.
Ensure Trackball Audible Roll is selected.
Rapidly roll the trackball up, down, right, and left.
If an audible click is not heard, the problem may be related to a hardware issue. Please contact the wireless service provider for additional steps.

Do not follow this advice.

Have you dropped the device or gotten it wet?

CorliaTesner
03-28-2013, 07:39 AM
I had that exact BlackBerry and I had the very same issue. It was very frustrating! But I'm glad that's over. I have a Torch and no problems.