PDA

View Full Version : Personal Email on Work Curve

craigwilson
01-31-2013, 08:40 AM
I've been trying to set up personal (Internet) Mail accounts to be sent to my work BB, but although it says its been set up when completing the Set-Up wizard, the mail folder is nowhere to be found.

I tried re-sending the Service Books, but the CMIME book (for messaging) is shown as ‘Disallowed’ (although, strangely the CICAL calendar one is allowed?) - RIM say that the IT policy on the BES5 is blocking the Blackberry Internet Service Books, so must have been set at corporate level.

Has anyone else had this issue? If i cannot get them to change it, are there any decent apps that allow Internet Mail accounts to come through?
Thanks

hrbuckley
01-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Since it is a work provided device, and they have gone to the trouble of preventing the set up of personal Email, how do you think your employer is likely to respond to your attempts to circumvent they're security? It is also likely that they have an ITPolicy to prevent you from installing software.

aiharkness
01-31-2013, 09:51 AM
You would be wise to listen to hrbuckley.

Personally, I think you would also be wise to have your own personal device and keep it strictly personal and the company device strictly business.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile