PDA

View Full Version : Sync Public Folder (Exchange) with DM 7.x

jnk_bb
02-20-2013, 02:09 PM
First, I have been searching for weeks for an answer to this, so apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere and I just missed it. Second, my environment: 2500+ users, Exchange 2007 Servers and Outlook 2010 clients. BES (some flavor of 5.2) and BBDM 6.x.

We have a fair number of users who sync a Contact folder sourced in Exchange Public Folders to their BB devices (it contains Firmwide employee Roster, among other things). While testing the upgrade from BBDM 6.x to 7.x, we discovered the option to sync the Public Folder is gone. Is this feature simply removed from DM 7 or is there something else going on?

I have tried various paths to DM 7, including a DM 6 to DM 7 upgrade and a "clean" install of DM 7. No dice.

We have already suggested turning wireless sync back on for the Contact folder and just using the normal GAL "lookup" feature. That was shot down by Managlement before it left the gate. Purchasing a third-party utility has also been shot down.

Thank you for any help/direction on this question / issue.

~Jim

jnk_bb
02-20-2013, 02:35 PM
It would be nice if I could post a link; I have additional information that would be helpful ...

dc/dc
02-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Have you checked the BES Admin Corner?

jnk_bb
02-20-2013, 03:31 PM
hmmmn ... this is a client issue; not a BES issue. DM 6 works just fine.

dc/dc
02-20-2013, 04:20 PM
hmmmn ... this is a client issue; not a BES issue. DM 6 works just fine.

Please check that section nonetheless.

jnk_bb
02-21-2013, 10:57 AM
:fail:

dc/dc
02-21-2013, 11:13 AM
:fail:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-eyGn3jfPFQk/TfbZaLQLkAI/AAAAAAAAAsM/qbBmQ6CRWm4/s800/Wow-20110531.png

I am really trying to help you out here. You're an admin that's dealing with server stuff. The BES Admin Corner is exactly the place for issues like this, and if anyone has dealt with it before, you'll probably find the solution there.

jnk_bb
02-21-2013, 01:08 PM
It was not, and is not, my intention of having a flame war. The :fail: was because I did search the BES Admin Corner and found zero posts related to my question. Your response was not helpful -- despite your best intentions. You may have thought it was funny and clever, but I did not.

Like many others, I came here searching for answers, but I am apparently in the wrong forum for that. Message received ...

What I have found elsewhere online though is a number of others who have the same problem as me, have the same question as me and have the same frustration as me with the lack of a solution. This functionality exists in DM 6 and supposedly still exists in DM 7. The BBDS User Guide [sure wish I could post a link] provides instructions on how to set it up, but alas, the referenced "folders" tab is missing.

Thank you for the warm welcome to the forum ...