PDA

View Full Version : BBM Issue: I can see BBM Messages in Hub, but BBM takes me to Setup

Tom
02-22-2013, 07:09 PM
I am experiencing a strange issue.

Everything was working fine until this morning, and then I received a BBM message, went to view it (I can see it in BBHub), but the BlackBerry Messenger app takes me to BBM Setup.

Will not let me restore using email, will not let me restore using device switch, and will not let me continue without restoring.

All three options result in "Temporary Server Error"

I have tried reinstalling BBM, no success, Tried rebooting/Battery Pull.. No success.

Only thing left is Battery Pull? Unless someone has some suggestions?

Tom
02-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Now it will not even let me get past the linking to BlackBerry ID screen

ZombieBerry
02-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Other users are reporting the same error. Europe is having server side issues. Wouldn't think it would effect NA.

Tom
02-23-2013, 12:30 PM
The only way I was able to cure this is by doing a secure wipe, getting BBM functioning, and then restoring backups. It did effectively remove all of my bbm contacts.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

jimfraser
02-25-2013, 07:23 PM
The only way I was able to cure this is by doing a secure wipe, getting BBM functioning, and then restoring backups. It did effectively remove all of my bbm contacts.

After seeing an iPhone user the other day type on her iPhone faster than I can type on my computer keyboard, I was considering not waiting for the Q10 and making the jump to the Z10, ie get used to and master typing on a touch screen. However this looks like a major issue. Definitely will wait until the hardware/software matures.

JULIETIRECHUKWU
02-26-2013, 04:27 AM
Pls help. I can't Receive email on my blackberry and my yahoo icon is missin, and when eveR I Try to send email am being diRected to setup wizard

JULIETIRECHUKWU
02-26-2013, 04:34 AM
Am havin a problem wit my bb. The pRoblem is that I can,t send email and I can't Receive email, and my yahoo icon is also missin

dc/dc
02-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Pls help. I can't Receive email on my blackberry and my yahoo icon is missin, and when eveR I Try to send email am being diRected to setup wizard

Am havin a problem wit my bb. The pRoblem is that I can,t send email and I can't Receive email, and my yahoo icon is also missin

It is extremely rude to hijack others' posts.

mockswun
03-16-2013, 09:06 PM
same problem here. anyone know how to fix this error? thanks in advance.

dc/dc
03-18-2013, 07:35 AM
same problem here. anyone know how to fix this error? thanks in advance.

Which error? Tom's or the threadjacker's?

Jagga
03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Has anyone experienced this, actually tried resetting the Hub itself?
While in The Hub, while diagonally from top right corner into the screen 5x. The hub will quickly reset and just "may" resolve the issue?

dc/dc
03-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Has anyone experienced this, actually tried resetting the Hub itself?
While in The Hub, while diagonally from top right corner into the screen 5x. The hub will quickly reset and just "may" resolve the issue?

Interesting trick!

stevew
03-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Vertical down-swipes on the very right edge work far better as they don't invoke the settings screen...but resetting the hub is quite pointless. It has not done a thing for me at any time, ever.

stevew
03-30-2013, 06:05 PM
There are some quirks however. Yesterday, one of my WiFi connections went bye bye...it didn't exist anymore, for no apparent reason. I had to recreate it.

Tom, it would not surprise me as to the issue you report...but I have no clue as to why it's like that. Did you ever resolve it? I am guessing that by now you did.