PDA

View Full Version : fixing to be new blackberry owner :D

cmarlow
05-07-2013, 06:17 AM
Hello im new here,

So I called Sprint, which I just got their service about 4 days ago and I am having lots of problems with the IPHONE 5 lots of glitches and told them I wanted to do a fair trade where I pick a phone that's 99.99 which is equal to the IPHONE 5 price...

The only thing available was the BLACKBERRY CURVE 8530

Everyone is saying I would be stupid to switch when I have a brand new iphone 5 that's glitchy as crap and that the curve is so old and has OS 5.0 on it that isn't even supported by RIM anymore

I really want a BB... Even the lady said at sprint.. Oh I wouldn't sale you that the blackberries I have are over 2 years old... They're OOOOLD!

:( advice?

Thanks,
Christopher

dc/dc
05-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Do NOT get an 8530.

Have you taken your iPhone 5 to an apple store? Has Sprint exchanged it?

cmarlow
05-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Do NOT get an 8530.

Have you taken your iPhone 5 to an apple store? Has Sprint exchanged it?

I called their RMA DEPT to do the FAIR TRADE and that's all they could offer me was the 8530 without having to pay in + restocking fee

Closest Apple store is an hour and a half away in Dallas.... =[

whats wrong with the 8530?
its already being shipped to me :(

dc/dc
05-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Seriously? You asked for advice after you'd already made a decision? That's just plain stupid, and rude to boot.

Anyway, the 8530 is old and had lots of problems. Way more than the iPhone 5. Apple would have replaced your device if you'd given them a chance, and Sprint should have too.

jsconyers
05-07-2013, 07:40 AM
I agree with dc/dc, the 8530 and iPhone 5 are not comparable in any way. If you didn't like the iPhone 5, you will most likely regret getting the 8530. I would bet you could have gotten the Galaxy S III for almost nothing. It seems as if Sprint is giving those things away any more.

NJBlackBerry
05-07-2013, 07:46 AM
To repeat - do not trade an iPhone 5 for an 8530.

ZombieBerry
05-07-2013, 07:59 AM
I called their RMA DEPT to do the FAIR TRADE and that's all they could offer me was the 8530 without having to pay in + restocking fee

Closest Apple store is an hour and a half away in Dallas.... =[

whats wrong with the 8530?
its already being shipped to me :(

There is nothing wrong with the 8530, when comparing it to another 85xx model. There is no comparison between an 8530 and an iPhone 5.

It would be like going from a Jetta to a Model-T.

cmarlow
05-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Seriously? You asked for advice after you'd already made a decision? That's just plain stupid, and rude to boot.

Anyway, the 8530 is old and had lots of problems. Way more than the iPhone 5. Apple would have replaced your device if you'd given them a chance, and Sprint should have too.

WHOA...WHOA...WHOA you are putting the HORSE before the CART....

You DONT know the whole story...

So it turns out I thought there was something wrong with the phone... I called APPLE and I told them that it takes like 5 rings before it rings on my side and the lady at APPLE called SPRINT and she said that there's only one tower here and that everyone that is sprint users is all on that one tower and so she put in a ticket and said that she would get the engineers to work on it and give her 48 hours.

SIRI doesn't work.... because the signal is so so... She writes things that I didn't even say... If I go outside I get 4 out of 5.. Inside 2 to 3. but can still take and make calls.

the LTE works great!! Inside or Out.

I guess I didn't mean to say that I didn't like it, I thought it was buggy until I had Apple call Sprint.

but I rather have the physical keypad than the one on the screen...

is the 8530 really that bad? a poster at the bottom said its not that bad.

So you kind of judged me before I could even tell the whole story I just found out this afternoon that the tower is messing up so at the time I originally posted this I didn't know.

And the guy didn't even offer to replace it.......... He was from India.. didn't even tell me about the 35.00 restocking

rambo47
05-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Sell your iPhone 5 on eBay or on a forum like SprintUsers. Even Howard Forums is good for selling old kit. Take the money and buy a used but clean BlackBerry 9930 or perhaps even a 9650. You'll have some coin in your pocket and the BlackBerry you want.

dc/dc
05-08-2013, 06:04 AM
Then tell the whole story from the get-go, but that still doesn't make asking for advice after fact any better. And yes, the 8530 is that bad. Re-read Zombie's post.

Also, if there is only one tower in your town, then no Sprint phone is going to make that any better. You need a new provider.

jsconyers
05-08-2013, 07:49 AM
If you're not getting good coverage in your house, you may want to look into asking Sprint for an AirWave. It will boost your signal, and if you're having signal issues, they will usually add this to your account at no additional charge.

knottyrope
05-09-2013, 10:27 AM
wait if you can and get the Q10

tsac
05-11-2013, 01:40 PM
I have seen Sprint adds for the Q10 and Blackberry indicates it's available but the Sprint site does not list it. Maybe a bit longer

nelsonturner
05-15-2013, 05:32 AM
At the moment everybody are eager to have the latest iphone 5 form apple and you want to switch it with BB. Oh common buddy give some to the new iphone you will be familiar with the new iphone and you will start loving your new iphone.

dc/dc
05-15-2013, 06:38 AM
At the moment everybody are eager to have the latest iphone 5 form apple and you want to switch it with BB. Oh common buddy give some to the new iphone you will be familiar with the new iphone and you will start loving your new iphone.

Wow.

NJBlackBerry
05-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Wow +1

ZombieBerry
05-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I have seen Sprint adds for the Q10 and Blackberry indicates it's available but the Sprint site does not list it. Maybe a bit longer

Hearing about a June launch in the US.