PDA

View Full Version : Constant bad passwords from RIM, user account locked out.

LongGone
02-15-2006, 10:00 AM
BES4, Exchange 2003 on a 2003 domain.

I have two users that keep getting "bad password" errors in my security Event Logs with the source being RIM's servers. Or domain policy locks accounts after 6 concurrent bad passwords so as you can guess these users keep getting locked out of the domain multiple times every day.
This happened to me a while ago once before. When I called Alltel they said "it must be something on your end" but it mysteriously cleared up after a few days. I figured I'd check here first this time.

Anybody seen this or have a suggestion? Thanks.

-Mark L

BBTechGuy
02-15-2006, 05:41 PM
BES4, Exchange 2003 on a 2003 domain.

I have two users that keep getting "bad password" errors in my security Event Logs with the source being RIM's servers. Or domain policy locks accounts after 6 concurrent bad passwords so as you can guess these users keep getting locked out of the domain multiple times every day.
This happened to me a while ago once before. When I called Alltel they said "it must be something on your end" but it mysteriously cleared up after a few days. I figured I'd check here first this time.

Anybody seen this or have a suggestion? Thanks.

-Mark L

I would say that it could be users trying to authenticate with an internal website via their BlackBerry Browser and typing the wrong password. It should be easy enough to track as the MDS logs will show incoming requests for those users at the same timeframe as the failed attempts on your domain.

Berry One
02-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Check if these two users are having blackberry 7100 series. That would explain wrong passwords. :smile:

LongGone
02-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Not a web browser issue, no.

I suspect that they have gone to the Alltel BB web site and tried to configure "pull" email like you would if you didn't have a BES. We'll see though...