PDA

View Full Version : Migrate users with different email Internet domains to another server

NovHyten
06-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Hello all.
I have a problem with a BES for Groupwise 5.0.4 MR3 system. This is a fresh upgrade from 4.1.7, and both sets of servers are in the domain. Upgrade plan is a cutover--bring in BES 5 and migrate users methodically to them. This is working fine except for: users that have an email address with an Internet domain that isn't the primary one can't get moved to a BES 5 server.

The Groupwise system services multiple domain names, but only those users with the primary one in their email address can be moved.

I'm not getting any hits on Google searches. Perhaps I need to set up the BES Domain differently in BES 5 to handle multiple domains?

I can send log entries if you more experienced admins tell me from which log I should paste.

Thanks in advance!

~Howard

NovHyten
07-02-2013, 02:45 PM
The system was working correctly.

The system admins were not aware that the different email domain was not what the users were wanting to send as. They were supposed to send as the main domain, which is what the Groupwise system address book showed. When the BES account domain was set to match what was in Groupwise, the accounts would migrate to the new BES 5 servers.

False alarm.