View Full Version : calendar sync not working outlook 2011 mac

saxophone
07-01-2013, 03:28 PM
I have a macbook pro and have installed outlook 2011
I have also installed BB desktop software v 2.4.0 build 17
I do not use enterprise or a server - the computer is standalone
I have no calendars currently in outlook - it is a new installation

there are a number of issues that I cannot resolve
1. there is no way in the BB desktop software to tell it to sync to Outlook (there was this option in windows) -Do I just assume this will work
2. There seems to be no way to transfer my calendar from my BB phone to outlook via the desktop software
3. if i run a sync the process takes about 3 hours and then outlook is still not updated - the calendars are blank! and to top it all my calendar on the phone which had around 4000 entries now has over 28 000 entries. The sync somehow duplicates each appointment that has a recurring annual schedule by hundreds of times (eg birthdays which are on the phone once initially as an annual event now occur on each annual occasion a few hundred times)
4. On the desktop software page when it lists the calendars there are about 8 calendars some of which are listed as read only. This is crazy as I only have one calendar on the phone linked to my email address

Noone at any of the help centres knows what to do least of all the Apple guys who know absolutely nothing about BB

Please can someone help me to simply copy my exisiting phone calendar to Outlook 2011 on my mac
Then I want to get the Outlook calendar to sync to iCal on the mac

rambo47
07-01-2013, 04:16 PM
None of the Outlook Windows features that sync with BlackBerry are available on the Mac version of Outlook. Entourage has some syncing capability but its far from robust.