PDA

View Full Version : email composition screen / PIN contacts

btaylor1
07-29-2013, 10:36 PM
ok, i've spammed too much and will include two things in this post

(1) for new e-mail compositions, every time i click the compose icon and choose an email account, up pops a Compose screen wth a grayed out bar under To suggesting the names of contacts whom i've recently written (e.g. jeff, Mark H...). that is unwanted information that distracts me from whoever else probably is my new intended recipient. i want a clean To field into which to type. i don't want officious recipient suggestions from the q1o diverting or distracting me from whoever and whatever i was thinking of before i clicked the compose icon. any way to neuter these (for me) unwanted distractions?

(2) for PIN messages, i am glad to see this is a choice in q10. my firm is using outlook 2010 for our client mail. my outlook 2010 contacts include only about two dozen contacts with PIN addresses saved, and with whom i might have an important reason reason to correspond by PIN instead of email. our outlook 2010 contacts have something called user defined fields, the first of which (User Defined Field 1) always let me save PINs for those contacts, and the PIN would synch to my older blackberries, up to and including my bold 9900, which i sometimes miss already. i've failed completing/sending test PIN messages to those contacts, and our BES (or whatever) administrator advises with the new blackberry system we cannot control what synchs to the devices like we apparently could before. he suggested i might need to start a new addressbook (not sure i'm doing this justice) if i want contacts to whom i can send PIN messages. what a drag. any reason why outlook contacts should not have a PIN field the synchs with my new blackberry q10?

thx (if you read this far and) for any thoughts

btaylor1
07-29-2013, 10:45 PM
i"m sorry, i sleepily, accidentally posted this in the Z10 folder. if the mods could move to Q10 instead, i'd be grateful