PDA

View Full Version : Company blackberry

Blueberryflavour
10-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi guys

My first post. Had a look and a few posts have touched upon this but here's my specific question. Hope you can help.

I have an iPhone 4 on personal Orange account. I've just been given a blackberry curve on company O2 account. I don't want two phones so wanted to do two things
1. PAC code my orange number which everyone has over to O2
2. Then put my BB O2 sim in my iPhone

Company said yes to PAC code but said I can't use my blackberry sim in my iPhone and won't give me a company iPhone. Really annoying. Is there a way round this to make the sim in work in my iPhone so I don't have to use the blackberry.

Thanks in advance

dc/dc
10-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Not if you wish to remain employed.

However, there are positive aspects to having two phones such as being able to shut it off at night and at the weekend and not be bothered during your personal time by work issues.

Blueberryflavour
10-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your response. Can you elaborate on the employment comment so I understand. I forgot to say also myself and colleagues already have the settings for email so we've set up push mail on our personal iPhones which is great but obvs would be better if work picked up the bill hence my original post.

dc/dc
10-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Many companies have policies in place that stipulate that an employee may be disciplined and possibly terminated if they do not follow established IT procedures, including not using personal devices for company work.

Your company may not be like that, it is important that you make sure prior to switching the company-paid SIM to your personal device, however, based on the fact that they've already said no, I would not risk it.

Blueberryflavour
10-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks but if I did want to risk it, is there a way of getting round it without them knowing other than physically seeing me with the iPhone?

rambo47
10-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks but if I did want to risk it, is there a way of getting round it without them knowing other than physically seeing me with the iPhone?

No, the IT admins will know right away. Your iPhone does not have a PIN and you cannot give it one.

jsconyers
10-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Also, how would you get email? They would set you up with a enterprise activation password. Your iPhone won't work on the BES. They would need to set you up on ActiveSync for you to get your email.

Blueberryflavour
10-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Which PIN do you mean? A BB pin? I haven't even set one up on my BB and it performs as I need..calls, texts, email, Internet. I just happen to hate the device. Funnily enough I didn't have a passcode on my iPhone but when I set up the new mailbox (outlook) I had to set a passcode and I cannot disable it.

Blueberryflavour
10-09-2013, 03:48 PM
The company email is Microsoft outlook

dc/dc
10-09-2013, 06:27 PM
From what I'm reading, your knowledge on technology is not that great, and your best bet is to simply use the device they give you.

Blueberryflavour
10-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Keep your answers useful dc. I'm new to BB. Not technology.

dc/dc
10-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Keep your answers useful dc. I'm new to BB. Not technology.

My answer is completely useful, and completely true and serious. You may not be new, but you obviously don't know a lot about mobile technology, so you're simply better off not trying to skirt your company's policies.

Blueberryflavour
10-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Rather than trying to score points dc maybe you could explain Rambos comment Your iPhone does not have a PIN and you cannot give it one.

jsconyers
10-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Blueberry, BlackBerry devices are hard-coded with a PIN. This pin is used for BlackBerry Messenger, as well as sending PIN-to-PIN messages. You don't have to set one up and you cannot change it. No other mobile device (to my knowledge) has anything like this.

fourstringfuror
10-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Simply put, a PIN is your BlackBerry's identifier. It is part and parcel of your device. It's one thing to hate your BlackBerry, but trying to circumvent your corporate IT policy is another.

rambo47
10-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Your BlackBerry has a PIN hard-coded into it at the factory. Every BlackBerry has a unique 8-character identifier and they are not changeable.

Blueberryflavour
10-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Thank you for the helpful advice js, fourstring and Rambo

tsac
10-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Nice , if you dont like honesty dont thank the OP.
If you really understood technology you would know how the BB works and the difference from the Iphone.
I bet the phone has a rotary dial also.

Blueberryflavour
10-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Tsac get xxxxed

John Clark
10-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Blueberry, if you make a post like that again you will have your posting rights removed from this forum. I read over the thread and you got given good advice. Just because you don't like it doesn't give you reason to insult other members.

tsac
10-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Amazing

thanks John