PDA

View Full Version : Menu Disappeared - Set up internet email

mchambers
02-16-2006, 12:50 PM
I've been using a 7100t for about a year and received a replacement unit recently. I used it for about a month and just noticed today that the option to configure BIS email (on T-mobile) isn't listed on the phone anymore.

The only option is to log onto tmobile.com to update email I'm pulling from.

Any ideas where / why this went? I tried resending service books and that didn't help.

Thanks!

cpufixrmatt
02-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Maybe you hid it. From the home screen, try to hold down ALT & Push in on the wheel, then choose Unhide if you have that option.

d_fisher
02-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Should be under Tools > Setup Internet E-mail. Is it not there, or are you looking someplace else?

mayor111
02-16-2006, 02:51 PM
I have a few possible ideas :idea: :

1) If you have ever had BES or presently have BES activated on the Blackberry you will automatically loose the "Setup Internet Email" icon.

2) Have you ever tried to complete an Enterprise Activation? This too would remove the icon.

If you need that icon back - contact T-Mobile and have them re-provision that service to your Blackberry. But again, if you are running BES - I dont think you can do both...(im not 100% sure).

Mayor111

mchambers
02-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the responses.

It's not hidden anywhere and it's not available in tools. I switched back to the default tmobile theme to see tools and it's not listed as a choice there. Tools isn't a menu choice in the blackberry default list theme I use.

... anyway - still can't find it.

mchambers
02-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Mayor111 - thanks!

Not running BES - never did enterprise activation...