PDA

View Full Version : Deactivated SRP! Check This Out

jxdel
02-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Ok, I finally got the BES up and running and started the Blackberry manager to begin adding users and I get a red 'x' by the server name and it says srp disconnected. So I run the BBSRPTEST and get a successful connection. So I begin calling first Cingular where we purchased BES. They transfer to RIM. They ask for the SRP identifier number and ask me to email them the SRP activation key. So I do that and after on hold for a while, they ask me from whom did we purchase BES. Of course I said Cingular. They come back and tell me that the SRP identifier is from T-Mobile. Further they tell me that the SRP has disabled from the Blackberry Infrastructure and they can't activate it. I have to call our Cingular Rep to figure this mess out. We have a government account which merged over AT&T. Don't know if this is relevant to this issue. But has anybody ever heard of one carrier selling BES who's SRP is from another carrier? And worse how to get this mess fixed. Now I will admit the BES was purchased early last year. City government did not have an exchange server at that time but we just went live with exchange just 2 weeks ago. Is there a time limit to activate an SRP? Any way I hope the our reps can figure this out. I suspect myself and our finance rep will be on the phone for hours to get this resolved.

dev
02-16-2006, 08:47 PM
There isn't a time limit on when an SRP should be activated. It seems that there must have been an accounting error on behalf of your provider. I would think that your Purchase Order (PO) should reference who the buyer/seller were for the BES software initially. They (provider) would be responsible for providing software and licenses that are valid and "clear". RIM's responsibility is only to ensure that the SRP ID that's activated at their NOC is authentic and belongs to only one organization via one provider.