PDA

View Full Version : Managing contacts, married couples, children, etc

dougp01
02-01-2014, 09:03 PM
This is a topic I have struggled to resolve for many years. I have over 3,000 contacts and some of these are family members and friends. Sometimes I put husband and wife in the same record, sometimes individually. Children often go in the notes section. Wouldn't it be nice, with all the mobile phone numbers people keep to have individual records and somehow link them together by family relationship? Is there any way to do this in BlackBerry?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

tsac
02-01-2014, 10:03 PM
It's in the manual.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/203/userguide_bb8830_cdma.pdf#Page=161

rambo47
02-02-2014, 12:35 AM
Setting up Groups in Contacts is the best way IMHO. I like to keep separate contacts for everyone. Even kids. Sometimes the only thing in a kid's contact is the birthday but at least it keeps my contacts database straight.

dougp01
02-05-2014, 10:22 AM
It's in the manual.

Actually this manual does not have it. I am very familiar with mailing lists, having used them for many years. This is not what I want.

I want to see in my Z10 contacts list a way to have family members of the same household listed as separate contacts (e.g. husband, wife, children) and linked together in some way so they may share the same physical address, land line number and other pieces of information common to the whole family.

thanks, -doug

tsac
02-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Ok so your trying to avoid adding the infor for each person in the family.
This is not currently possible and requires all info to be added but does allow duplicate names on all but the new OS10 versions or at least the info available on the Z10 user guide does not show it.

You might try a third party app