PDA

View Full Version : 7230 - set "shortcut" on desktop?

tk.barbarian
02-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi all,

I've done some head scratching and manual hunting but I can't remember / figure out how to add a shortcut to a function / program to the desktop.

In particular, I wanted a one-click desktop shortcut for my "silent" mode.

Thanks for any pointers,

tk

d_fisher
02-17-2006, 12:07 PM
What exactly is your 'silent' mode? Are you talking about a Windows desktop shortcut? If so, probably just have to add a switch to the shortcut.

tk.barbarian
02-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Apologies!

I just realised that my question was spectacularly unclear.

On the blackberry handheld, I've got all the usual icons for programs on the home screen (phone, messages, settings etc)

I'd like to customise some of this (add and remove icons from there) and in particular I would like to have a one-button link/shortcut to a particular profile (the silent mode i mentioned above)

Many thanks!

Tariq

d_fisher
02-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for clarifying. I think I can help you for th emost part.

Highlight the icon you want to hide/move and press ALT-scroll wheel. Select Hide or Move from the menu. If you moving the icon scroll up or down and position it where you want it. Press the scroll wheel again to drop the icon where it is. If you accidently hide an icon, press ALT-scroll wheel and select Show All. All the hidden icons will reappear with an X over them. Select the icon to unhide, ALT-scroll wheel, Unhide. You can only move icons around on the screen that are already on. You cant move an icon to a different screen, sorry.

Depending on the model BlackBerry you have, you may be able to set the convience key to change the profile for you. Another alternative is try pressing ALT-CAP. On my 7100t ALT-CAP toggles between default and quiet profiles.

Hope this helps.