PDA

View Full Version : Is reqwireless webviewer dead?

John Chambers
02-20-2006, 03:41 PM
For the past week or so, when I've tried using the reqwireless WebViewer on my BB 7280,
I've always got the message:

Error
This product is no longer available for trial
use or purchase.

I've looked around in the usual ways, googling, searching this forum, reqwireless.com, and
so on, and found no clues. By "This product" I'm assuming it means WebViewer, though it could also be telling me that WebViewer no longer permits use on a BB 7280.

So does this mean that WebViewer has somehow been remotely turned off? I've read that
reqwireless was bought out by google last year; have they killed this browser? Google finds 6 matches for the above message, but only one is in English, and it's in another
discussion forum where the question isn't answered. That "trial use or purchase" is peculiar, because I bought WEbViewer in August 2004, and I'm not trying to "trial" or purchase it; I'm just trying to use it as I have for a year and a half.

If this is an old topic, how could I have found it? The keywords I use, including the words
in the message, don't seem to help.

Dawg
02-20-2006, 04:20 PM
they are dead as a door nail

DavidE
02-21-2006, 09:39 AM
That "trial use or purchase" is peculiar, because I bought WEbViewer in August 2004, and I'm not trying to "trial" or purchase it; I'm just trying to use it as I have for a year and a half.Have you tried to exchange your registration key using this link: http://www.reqwireless.com/keyex.html?

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com
www.classicfilmpreview.com

No Longer Registered.
02-21-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't have any problems with my WebViewer.. using BB7520

The only time where I could not connect was when I had the downloaded theme that came with the OS 4.1. Now that I have deleted it, my WebViewer surfs much faster.

jontalotta
02-21-2006, 10:35 AM
I believe that Reqwireless was purchased by Google.

JT

stac
10-31-2006, 03:10 PM
I believe that Reqwireless was purchased by Google.

JT

I found a copy of WebViewer and have converted the jad/jar to cod if anyone is interested... just PM me. I have it working on my Pearl...

-S