PDA

View Full Version : Can you move a user to new BES server without redoing enterprise activation?

slimbim
02-20-2006, 03:42 PM
We have one BES server for users that are on Exchange 5.5 environment, and another BES server for users on Exchange 2003 environment. We will be migrating everyone in Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, but not all at once. So during this migration, we will move small number of users at a time, so both BES servers will need to be fully functional.

My question is, after we migrate the users mailbox to Exchange 2003 servers from the Exchange 5.5 servers, is there a way to move the user in BES for Exchange 5.5 to the other BES server for Exchange 2003 without the user having to perform enterprise activation? Like have me do all the work, and having users not have to do anything at all?

Thanks!

BlackBerryLinks
02-20-2006, 04:07 PM
If you have BES 4.x and the BES'es share the configuration database and your BlackBerry devices are on 4.x

Regards,
Bob

jibi
02-20-2006, 04:12 PM
But assuming you are not sharing the same configuration database, which I'd assume you were not given the 5.5/2003 Exchange environments, you'd have to do a security wipe on the handheld and reactivate it on the new 2003-associated BES.

slimbim
02-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Yes, both BES servers are 4.0, and they do not share same database... so I guess only option is to wipe the handhelds and do enterprise activation. Thanks for your quick replies!