PDA

View Full Version : upgrade 3.6 -> 4.0 attachment service issue

kburd CH
02-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi,
I just upgraded from BES 3.6.5 to 4.0.0 (no sp as of yet) on a w2kserver with exchange 2003 (no sp as of yet) on another server. I see that users cannot open attachments - they get the message "attachment server cannot be found"
On the BES the attachment service says it is running, but when I try to test it in bb server config on BES it says "attachment service not running" on the Attachment Server tab it is set to 'connector configuration' with the ip address of the BES. I dont know if this is an issue - but trying to change it to 'attachment server' wont take...it just closes out of bb server config and resets back to 'connector configuration'

any ideas?
thanks guys

itstom
06-12-2006, 04:00 AM
Hi,

Did you manage to resolve this issue?

I am having the same problem, although this was a clean install. It did work initially for several months however it now has this issue also!

I am using version 4.0 and have updated to 4.0.4.7 and hotfix 1.

Many thanks!

Tom

JerryD
06-12-2006, 05:15 AM
Errr.... I'll ask the same question I asked our BES Admins. Why are you going through the trouble of upgrading from 3.x to 4.0 when there are plenty of known issues with that version and version 4.1 is available and has been out in the field for at least 6 months if not much longer?

J