PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Sent Email

RockXP
02-24-2006, 02:43 PM
When I sent an email from Outlook it sends a copy of it to the blackberry. How do i turn this feature off.

Thanks

kelvin
02-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Try the search button - It willl save you from the flames. There are several ways to do this. In the past, I have used a simple filter. I know other suggestions include changes to the BES or BIS configurations. Because I use my emails alot for reference, I no longer do this. If I do not want it, when I delete it from my sent mail, it goes away on the BB. Same with filing.

d_fisher
02-24-2006, 03:33 PM
When I sent an email from Outlook it sends a copy of it to the blackberry. How do i turn this feature off.

ThanksWhat model BlackBerry are you on? Are you connected to a BES server or do you use BIS?

RockXP
02-24-2006, 04:12 PM
BB 7520 model, Nextel. I am on the BES.

d_fisher
02-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Choose the instructions based on the OS version installed on your BlackBerry. Go to Options > About to find out.

BlackBerry OS 4.0
Messages > Options > Email Settings > Press scroll wheel, select Folder Redirection > Uncheck Sent.

Your messages sent from your desktop mail client will no longer be sent to the BlackBerry, so you wont see them. You will still see messages sent from the BlackBerry itself.

BlackBerry OS 4.1
Messages > Options > General Options > Hide Sent Messages = Yes.

Your sent messages will still be sent to your BlackBerry, they just wont be displayed unless you specifically choose to view the Sent folder.

va2004abc
03-01-2006, 12:19 PM
I have the 8700r and the OS on the device states 4.1 but I still have the option to change Folder Redirection as stated for the 4.0 instructions. Is the 4.1 the BES version, and does this mean 4.1 BES removes the Folder Redirection option?

I like the option to not send messages to my device as Rogers Wireless has a 25mb limit.

Thanks