PDA

View Full Version : Voice dialing??

pkaravites
02-24-2006, 04:31 PM
I know there is a thrid party software for some of the other BlackBerry's but does anyone have any information for the 8700? Will RIM ever come out with this software? It seems to me that the bluetooth headset is pretty limited whiel driving if you have to play with the device everytime you need to look up somones number. Thanks

mgerbasio
02-25-2006, 07:55 AM
This is my only complaint for the phone portion of the 8700c. It should have voice recognition like some of the higher end phones and PocketPCs/Smartphones. Register your vote via an email to RIM.

Until that happens, there is a third party service but you need Nextel to use it. Or, you can get VoiceDial from Cingular for an extra service charge but you won't be able to get M2M when you use it to dial another Cingular phone. I had it using a 7290 and it worked very well.

Regards-Michael G.

mbay2002
02-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Or for hands-free dialing in your car with an 8700C, consider the Parrot CK3100, it supports voice dialing (it uses bluetooth to synch to your addressbook, and then you can train it to do voice dialing). Will cost you a bit to purchase and install, however...