PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth battery consumption

riy
02-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi, I just bought my 1st blackberry 3 days ago and gota say its the best device I've owned to date. One question I have is concerning the bluetoooth. I was using both a razr and nokia 6230 and always left bluetooth turned "ON" so when I turned on my headset it would connect. I know while the headset is connected that bluetooth drains the battery on any device but if I have bluetooth turned on in the blackbery but NO devices connected to it and the blue light is not flashing, does it still drain the battery. I ask because I've noticed that with moderate use ( 60 min. talk time & schedule appts etc.) and bluetooth enabled and connected off and on to headset I get about 8-9 hrs.
Thanks

mortgageguy
02-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Hey riy - I leave my BT on all day and my headset is connected all day. I will usually average about 60 min talk time each day plus answering emails and calender functions. I will generally have 40-50% battery life left at the end of the day(6pm - 7pm).

mjustice
02-25-2006, 12:15 PM
If you are worried about battery consumption-assign one of the smart keys to turn bluetooth off and on This is what I did

go2duke
02-25-2006, 12:31 PM
I think it is dependent on the headset as to what the draw is on battery. The funny thing is, I can leave mine on and paired all day without any drainage above the norm.. now when I use it more (say 30-60 min's) I see some pretty stiff battery usage. But none of that is on par with the backlight... control that and you control the world. You may have to look at the other things running on your blackberry that may be drawing down battery without you "actually using" them (i.e. pocket day, BBtoday, or anything that gets refreshed regularly)

-G2D

bobn
02-25-2006, 01:34 PM
i see how you can use smartkeys to turn off, but how o you assign smartket to turn on; it dosn't show as an option

mjustice
02-25-2006, 04:04 PM
If the bluetooth is on I just press again (I assigned middle key on front) . It works like a toggle switch for me

bobn
02-25-2006, 06:56 PM
interesting the middle button does lt you turn on and off but not the side button