PDA

View Full Version : 7250 crapped out... what to do

vestaviajag
02-25-2006, 04:10 PM
So I was at work, with my Alltel 7250, minding my own business, when I check my phone for missed calls, and i can't type in my password. The caps button had gotten stuck i guess, it wouldn't let me take it off CAPS, so I couldn't put in the correct password. I use a password cause often times the 7250 will call random people with out me knowning if its in my pocket or something, when pressed up against buttons I reckon. Anyways, so now I took out the battery once or twice, and ever tried to connect to the computer, and all that happens is nothing basically. the only thing that works is the scroll wheel, and that just brings up the Unlock Hnadheld Menu, but I can't scroll through it, no other button will work, what do ya'll suggest? Thanks!

d_fisher
02-25-2006, 06:01 PM
After you replace your broken BlackBerry, use the case provided instead of sticking it in your pocket. The cases are ment to protect the BlackBerry from the very things you described. If you dont like the OEM case, there are a number of aftermarket cases that you can look into.

vestaviajag
02-26-2006, 10:20 PM
For future smartasses, when I unloaded all the programs, it worked almost perfectly except the push button on the scroll wheel, after loading the programs like Phone, back on the blackberry, it went back to what I described. So I'm pretty sure its a software issue and not a damage issue.

Also, the OEM holster didn't come with the blackberry. And I don't sit on it or anythinglike that, I can barely stand sitting down with my wallet in my back pocket. So with that said, I'm fairly certain THATS not the issue either, although I hear what you're sayin, I need to protect it.

Any other help would be greatly appricated as long as its not a redundant or smartass comment like the previous. Thanks ahead of time!

d_fisher
02-26-2006, 11:05 PM
If you think it is a software issue then back up your data and reload the OS. See the sticky (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871&page=1&pp=100) on installing OS 4.x.