PDA

View Full Version : Cingular Data Prices...can you talk em down?

rmklotz4
02-26-2006, 06:26 PM
I am interested in a Blackberry 8700c for alot of different reasons. However, the data is sooooooo expensive. Is there any way that Cingular would match the prices of other companies? I have 5 lines on Cingular and wonder if i threatened to switch what theyd do for me. I am looking at the blackberry plan......unlimited text/net/email for 29.99/month. Let me know what yall think!!

lgreenberg
02-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Not likely.

I've never heard of retention offering any breaks on data plans. Voice plans yes, but not data.

You're asking a lot too. First off text messages aren't included in the Blackberry plan. Then you want them to knock of $15 per month (180 per year) off the unlimited plan? I personally don't think having five lines is going to get you very far.

But hey that's just one guy's opinion. Go for it and let us know how it works out.

rmklotz4
02-26-2006, 06:57 PM
I read things about Cingular doing it for other data plans, but not the blackberry plan. Do you have to get the blackberry package or can u just sign up for the regular data plans cingular offers????

rcbjr
02-26-2006, 07:03 PM
I read things about Cingular doing it for other data plans, but not the blackberry plan. Do you have to get the blackberry package or can u just sign up for the regular data plans cingular offers????

----

No BB Plan = No Data Service!

And I'm sure that some of the Plan price has to do with using the RIM network whixh makes it harder to reduce the rate.

Rcbjr

rmklotz4
02-26-2006, 08:54 PM
I know tmobile offers the blackberry plan at a much cheaper rate, which is why i dont think RIM has anything to do with it

NJBlackBerry
02-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Of course RIM has something to do with it. The carriers pay a fee to RIM. Cingular just chooses to charge the customer more than T-Mobile does.

I do think you have a snowball's chance, but you can try.

rmklotz4
02-26-2006, 09:10 PM
well here goes nothing...i shall let yall know how it goes. If i cant get it done, any other suggestions??? or am i stuck paying an extra 45 bucks a month?????

rmklotz4
02-26-2006, 09:16 PM
also, for the blackberry 4mb plan offered by cingular, is it unlimited internet??? I dont quite get what the 4mb applies to.

lgreenberg
02-26-2006, 09:45 PM
No it's not unlimited anything.

You get 4 MB of month for usage period. Internet and e-mail combined.

coreyg510
02-26-2006, 09:50 PM
You have no chance, trust me on this and spare your time.

rmklotz4
02-26-2006, 09:53 PM
well id rather try than trust you. Cant hurt right??? Igreen.....how much is 4mb? Is there any way of explaining that in understandable terms?

coreyg510
02-26-2006, 09:54 PM
I am a cingular sales manager, trust me no chance

rcbjr
02-26-2006, 10:11 PM
well id rather try than trust you. Cant hurt right??? Igreen.....how much is 4mb? Is there any way of explaining that in understandable terms?
---

Well, for example, when I browse this site using my BB, each pageload shows to be between 30K and 90K, so I would guess you'd get to read about 25 threads a month. (50 page loads).

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

apple85
02-26-2006, 10:29 PM
well id rather try than trust you.
You know when your asking for peoples opinions you shouldn't be so blunt and rude when they offer up. Especially to someone that has been around the forums longer than yourself. A former Cingular customer myself and thankfully during that period entitled to a corp. discount thru my company Cingular doesn't want to give up anything more than they have to and they don't care if you have 5 lines! You know why? They have customers with 10+ lines that don't get a discount!! Also being the number 1 carrier in the US your 1 in 36 million... DATA charges are the bread and butter next to text messaging for service providers, so don't be expecting a break unless it's promotional!!

Soapm
02-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't trust the people when you call Cingular either. They are known to lie to your face. I'd be as rude and demanding as I could until tey give me what I want just to make me go away.

coreyg510
02-26-2006, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't trust the people when you call Cingular either. They are known to lie to your face. I'd be as rude and demanding as I could until tey give me what I want just to make me go away.

There's a good policy, be an a**. One of the things that I love doing the most is telling people no when they think they can get what they want when they are rude and demanding. you know what I say, "Im sorry, we cant do that" A rude customer is one that I never want in the first place. The customer service reps that you call arent rude to you, so why be an a** to them. theres no need for it, and in some instances it can cause you more issues than worth it. Such as "accidental interruption of service, especially during peak periods" <----- just as a hypothetical situation.

andrebsd
02-27-2006, 05:25 AM
There's a good policy, be an a**. One of the things that I love doing the most is telling people no when they think they can get what they want when they are rude and demanding. you know what I say, "Im sorry, we cant do that" A rude customer is one that I never want in the first place. The customer service reps that you call arent rude to you, so why be an a** to them. theres no need for it, and in some instances it can cause you more issues than worth it. Such as "accidental interruption of service, especially during peak periods" <----- just as a hypothetical situation.

lol, yup... have to agree there. You don't want to piss off the tech support people. I do tech support and on the bottom of my "from the desk of..." papers; theres a line saying "Don't piss off geeks; They can do alot of damage to your work... and get away with it too."

Personaly I wouldn't do anything though; unless your blatently dumb... like for some reason you uninstall your antivirus program only so I can come back in a week and put it back on for the 10th time, lol. - Actualy had that once; but the person kept insisting that Windows XP SP2 was antivirus protection. I eventualy gave up and told him; yeah... your right; and then left.

mas90guru
02-27-2006, 05:50 AM
T-Mobile not only has cheaper data rates (the cheapest) for BB, but on a family plan they're offering unlimited text messages for ALL phones on the family plan for $9.99 per month. For someone who does a lot of text messaging that would be a great incentive to switch.

noremac
02-27-2006, 07:49 AM
There ARE discounts available on personal service plans for employees of certain companies, schools, and govt agencies. This service is called Cingular Premier. In my case, I get the BB Unlimited plan for about $36/mo. + the silly fees.

There is a Link (https://business.cingular.com) on the Cingular website for you to submit your email address and see if your company qualifies. You will receive a reply email to that address confirming qualification. If positive, you get a link to another Cingular site to view your hardware/service discount options.

Here is the wording on the site:

Cingular Wireless has business agreements with thousands of corporations, government agencies and educational institutions to offer wireless products to their employees and families at a significant discount.

If we match your work email address with our list of qualified companies, we'll send you a confirmation email with access to your discounts and benefits.

rmklotz4
02-27-2006, 03:23 PM
the premier web site does not offer blackberry

nlk10010
02-27-2006, 03:53 PM

It must. That's how I ordered mine.

=NLK=

blkberryboy
02-27-2006, 03:55 PM

They are company specific, as in my companies preimere websit offers Blackberries. Sorry about your luck. Best bet would be to cnacel your service and reopen your account in 90 days as a new subscriber.

rmklotz4
02-27-2006, 03:56 PM
check it now. https://business.cingular.com/cingular/shop/index.jsp?_requestid=550606

takeshi
02-27-2006, 04:17 PM
I have 5 lines on Cingular and wonder if i threatened to switch what theyd do for me.

I seriously doubt it. Our company has many more than just five Blackberries and we don't get any breaks from Cingular. Good luck!

rmklotz4
02-28-2006, 12:12 AM
why does cingular offer the blackberry for some companies but not others on their premier website?

sustrw
02-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Pricing is all part of the marking equation. My company has 600 BB users. We also make the phones and phone equipment used by Cingular. Believe me, we are offered Blackberry's on the Premier website, and a discount on service too.