PDA

View Full Version : Dekstop Solution

Chris P
02-27-2006, 02:18 PM
I am looking for a piece of software that I can use to kind of remote control a blackberry.

I want to be able to send and recieve email etc using my desktop pc while my berry is in the cradle.

So when I am charging the unit and an email comes in I don't have to unplug it and reply with the actual unit.

ideally would be the bb device simulator that interacted with the unit through usb.

hopefully you get what I am asking for and someone knows if this exists.

lgreenberg
02-27-2006, 07:02 PM
I may be confusded but.......

Are you using Outlook?

You could go with Exchange Hosting.

www.exchangemymail.com

That would sync your PC and BB together.

rcbjr
02-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Actually, I think he wants to use his BB somewhat like a modem, but not quite, more like use hi PC as a keyboard and display. Type on the desktop and have it sent from the BB email app. I have never heard of being able to do this. Interesting theory, but why not just use the WBC site for this?

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

Chris P
02-28-2006, 09:03 AM
I don't want my email hosted anywhere. I also get a lot of PIN messages so the BWC wont work for me.

Like I said before. the simulator that gives you a bb that you can control with your kb and mouse and that can just be a little program would be best. It would just display whats on my screen and allow me to send and read PIN and email messages while conntected through USB.

We dont have a BES but it would be nice to be able to leave it in the cradle for charging and that I am at my desktop with the big screen and keyboard.

neways. doesnt sound like it exists. I thought I remembered seeing somethign like this a long time ago. mys have been my imagination.

d_fisher
02-28-2006, 09:29 AM
There is no software that will allow you to control your BlackBerry from your computer. I wish there was! Your next best solution might be a Bluetooth keyboard for the BlackBerry. This assumes that your BlackBerry is Bluetooth capable.

spoon
02-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Yea, he is looking for a VNC solution for the BB. Unfortunatley, no one has made one yet (WHY NOT!?!?!?!). There is a java-based vnc server out there, but I have never tried running it on the BB. Quick, any dev's who see this thread, go do you magic and whip up a vnc server!