PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Case

CodyMac
02-28-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm looking to buy a case for my new 8700c that fits in my pocket. I currently use the GizmoCase for my 7100g, and absolutely love it. However, that thing is a tad pricey for the 8700 model (I paid around $20 for the 7100 model), and it's getting, well, less than stellar reviews here. Are there any alternatives for a case that would fit in my pocket? That's pretty much my only criteria:

1. High build quality
2. Affordable
3. Not too bulky to fit in pocket

I have read the "case thread" here but never really found a unanimous solution for what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help!!!

mortgageguy
02-28-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm looking to buy a case for my new 8700c that fits in my pocket. I currently use the GizmoCase for my 7100g, and absolutely love it. However, that thing is a tad pricey for the 8700 model (I paid around $20 for the 7100 model), and it's getting, well, less than stellar reviews here. Are there any alternatives for a case that would fit in my pocket? That's pretty much my only criteria:

1. High build quality
2. Affordable
3. Not too bulky to fit in pocket

I have read the "case thread" here but never really found a unanimous solution for what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help!!!

Hey Cody, I'm still waiting on my leather sleeves from Nutshell. They forgot to ship them :-( should be here from New Zealand in 2 more weeks.

CodyMac
02-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey Cody, I'm still waiting on my leather sleeves from Nutshell. They forgot to ship them :-( should be here from New Zealand in 2 more weeks.

Are you a re-seller, or are these your personal units? Can you link me to them?

Thanks!

mortgageguy
02-28-2006, 10:34 PM
I just ordered them for personal use. They are not on the website. I asked them to make them for me. They were $12 each. When they come in I'll let you know how they fit. I personally like to carry the BB in my pocket some days but don't want to have to worry about getting it all scratched up with my keys and the buttons being pushe inadvertantly. I will put a magnet on the inside to put it to sleep too.

CodyMac
02-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Cool, let me know how they work out plz...

DuckWingDuck
03-01-2006, 11:12 AM
mortgageguy - Will nutshell install the magnet for you?

mortgageguy
03-01-2006, 06:10 PM
mortgageguy - Will nutshell install the magnet for you?

I didn't ask them too but I'm sure they could. The ones I had made are not going to be line with the felt so they would probably have to add the felt to place the magnet underneath it. Then they would probably have to raise the price and it would be a little thicker. Good idea though. Whenever I get them in I'll post some pics.

gusmack
03-13-2006, 09:13 AM
mortgageguy. . .

any updates re: pictures of the pocket case?