PDA

View Full Version : Turn 7130e off - Status Light Stays On?!?

jegiss
02-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Just bought a new 7130e from Verizon today. One thing I have noticed is when I shut the unit off, the green status lights still blinks, even after several minuets. Is this a normal function?

Thanks!

John Clark
02-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Is the unit plugged in? If the unit is turned off it normally will flash while charging.

jegiss
02-28-2006, 10:02 PM
No, it was happening when it was unplugged.

Cyclops
02-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Just bought a new 7130e from Verizon today. One thing I have noticed is when I shut the unit off, the green status lights still blinks, even after several minuets. Is this a normal function?

Thanks!

If the green status light is still flashing, you didn't turn the power off, all you did was turn of the screen. To power off your 7130e press and hold the button on the top of your blackberry until "Turning off handheld" pops up on the screen.

jegiss
02-28-2006, 10:07 PM
I did. I have powered it down two ways. One by scrolling to the power off icon and shutting down that way and the other by holding the power button on top. Both methods produced the "Turning Handheld Off" screen.

I have even re-booted it by removing the battery. Nothing changed.

John Clark
02-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Try disabling the green status light under options, screen/keyboard and see if that helps...I do that anyway so it doesn't flash all the time.

jegiss
02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Try disabling the green status light under options, screen/keyboard and see if that helps...I do that anyway so it doesn't flash all the time.

Well, I did that but I just want to be sure the unit itself is off to save the battery. And of course sometimes I just want it off! :smile:

blackberryman
03-03-2006, 09:03 PM
so did you ever figure out how to actually turn the phone off? (without the LED flashing)

I have the same issue.

jegiss
03-03-2006, 11:55 PM
so did you ever figure out how to actually turn the phone off? (without the LED flashing)

I have the same issue.

I just disabled the LED anyway. Most of the time I really don't need it on. It still flashes for messages, etc. Reguardless, I usually never turn the phone off, so it's a moot point.

At least I now know I'm not the only one with this issue. :smile:

Eric