PDA

View Full Version : Accessing Offline Email

caggie01
03-01-2006, 09:27 AM
I'm connected to a BES with MS Exchange. SInce I was frequently running over my mailbox limit. I have MS Outlook move all my mail to an offline folder whenever I sign on with my laptop. Once the mail is moved, I do all my email from that folder. Everything works fine, I get my email on my 8700s, it updates my Outlook inbox, etc.

My problem is, when I answer email, etc on my laptop in this offline inbox, it doesn't update my 8700. Is there a manual sync I can do while the bb is connected to the laptop?

Right now I don't see a solution since it's offline on my laptop. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Puzzled....

DuckWingDuck
03-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Why not try a desktop sync?

caggie01
03-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Tried that, it didn't work. I talked to our IT folks about a mailbox size upgrade. I am now back to the online inbox for now. Thanks for the response.

jibi
03-02-2006, 12:41 AM
We implement 350MB for all mailboxes, if I'm not mistaken, and 1GB storage for executives. Our BlackBerry users who are not executives usually use Auto-Archiving for items over 30-60 days (I believe there's also an option for 'large' files, although I'd have to look). Others simply utilize their Exchange mailbox as a sorting point with their PST/Archive as the destination.

Anyhow, it all depends on how you use your handheld - some use it for an up-to-the-minute email delivery, and others use it as an alternative mail viewer which stays in-sync with their Exchange mailbox (I'm the former not the latter).

What are the limits there? Most people should be able to make it a month or two with just a few hundred megs and auto-archiving, imo...