PDA

View Full Version : First post + First question (the BB Icons)

brill
03-01-2006, 12:17 PM
I just migrated over to the BB from a Treo 650. I like it so far, but noticed there are a couple of icons (applications) I probably won't be using (at least for now anyways.) Is there any way to delete or hide the icons to clean up the screen (but make them available) if I need them later?

Stinsonddog
03-01-2006, 12:19 PM
You can search the forums. Please learn that. Check out my tips site, and yes click the trackwheel from the home screen while holding ALT down and see your choices. Also the manual is pretty good too.

Have fun it's a great unit.

I just migrated over to the BB from a Treo 650. I like it so far, but noticed there are a couple of icons (applications) I probably won't be using (at least for now anyways.) Is there any way to delete or hide the icons to clean up the screen (but make them available) if I need them later?

NJBlackBerry
03-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Welcome to BB Forums.

This is a very commonly asked question. The answer is found both by searching the forums and even in the online help on your BB.

Move the trackwheel to the icon; press the ALT key (lower left hand corner) and simultaneously press the Trackwheel. A menu will appear with a Hide Icon option. You can later reverse the process to show hidden icons if necessary.

Not all icons can be hidden.

Good luck.

brill
03-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the quick reply... Worked like a charm.

I already like it better than the Treo.

NJBlackBerry
03-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I just used my Treo 600 this morning. Holds my office door open.

DuckWingDuck
03-01-2006, 12:34 PM

LMAO

go2duke
03-01-2006, 06:45 PM

Man what a cheap door stopper... can't you use a 650 for that.. I have a couple of old Ipaqs that would work...

G2D

finch
03-01-2006, 06:49 PM
My son has found hours of enjoyment in throing my wife's old Treo around his play room!