PDA

View Full Version : User signatures

sems
03-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the signature text for each user is kept on BES, I checked the SQL server and couldn't find anything. I wonder if it is kept on the device.

I know we can setup a disclaimer text server-wide, but we want to give a flexibility, so we would like to pre-populate the signature for each user and doing it one by one in a large environment is not an easy task.

I also checked the Besuseradminclient.exe, there is nothing there, so I cannot script it either.

Any ideas?

Sems

jibi
03-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Since you can view it from the BlackBerry Manager, and its NOT stored in the database, I'd assume that it'd be stored within the hidden 'database' within the users' mailbox.

amukhey
03-01-2006, 12:42 PM
I am currently looking on the sqldb, it has to be written there somewhere either under user or server, etc,....Just curious, why would you want to set it up one by one..why not inform the user base of the option and how they will be able to make changes to it and they will take care of adding their own signature to it...if you do send out that email, put a model signature on the bottom of your email in case they need a sample to follow...

sems
03-01-2006, 12:55 PM
@<hidden>
I dumped SQL to a file and searched, nothing there. As for the process, we'd like the signatures to be as unified as possible initially, plus you know how some users can follow instructions ;)

@<hidden>
I think you might be right, I'll check the exchange server, see if i can dig sth.

sems
03-01-2006, 03:16 PM
I checked ,using ADSIEdit, the properties/attributes of a user, but I don't see anything related to Blackberry there. Jibi, anywhere particular you can think of?

jibi
03-01-2006, 05:31 PM
You'll have to use a tool such as MDBVU32 to view those folders. Look for BlackBerryHandheldInfo as the name of the folder.

sems
03-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Right after my second message, I installed Outlook Spy and upon investigating the root folder, I found the BlackberryHandheldInfo folder, which contained 5 folders and two messages. The message, RIM.BlackBerry.Handheld.Config contains the signature text.

Now I need to find out how to edit that programmatically (y)

amukhey
03-08-2006, 01:51 PM
I simply created the connection to Crystal 9 and look in there...before you actually import, you can collapse the information the field has...choose the proper field and you wil find what you require.

sems
03-09-2006, 10:05 AM
With a little bit of help from Outlook Spy and Outlook Redemption, I managed to write a code in VBScript, using pure CDO :), thanks everyone