PDA

View Full Version : 7290 Questions

Gaprofitt
03-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi All,

I have a few questions. Couldn't find these answers in previous threads.

With the 7290, is there a way to turn on the backlight automatically when the device is removed from the holster aside from pressing the backlight button? I didn't see a setting for this.

I understand there are two browsers, one for minimal/blackberry designed sites and regular html.. How do I set this up? I have a T-Mobile 7290.

I have my mail setup on the Blackberry website to forward to my comcast messages to my blackberry. How do I sync the e-mail messages with outlook? I don't see a setting for instance to download my current messages in my outlook to the bb..

Thanks,

Greg

finch
03-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi All,

I have a few questions. Couldn't find these answers in previous threads.

With the 7290, is there a way to turn on the backlight automatically when the device is removed from the holster aside from pressing the backlight button? I didn't see a setting for this.

Search the forum for an app called BBLight

I understand there are two browsers, one for minimal/blackberry designed sites and regular html.. How do I set this up? I have a T-Mobile 7290.

If you have a data plan check your service books under options and be certain you have the following two: BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service and IPPP for BIBS

I have my mail setup on the Blackberry website to forward to my comcast messages to my blackberry. How do I sync the e-mail messages with outlook? I don't see a setting for instance to download my current messages in my outlook to the bb..

The BlackBerry doesn't sync email.

Thanks,

Greg

Gaprofitt
03-01-2006, 09:14 PM
I do have both BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service and IPPP for BIBS in service books. Is there a better browser or any more configuration I need to do for web browsing. I only see one Icon for a web browser.

I don't think I worded it right concerning the e-mail. Say for instance I get 10 e-mails a say on my blackberry via my comcast account. I delete all 10 on my Blackberry, when I get home I have to delete all 10 again once I check my outlook mail. Anyway around this? Workaround etc.

Thanks for your help, i'm sure i'll have a bunch of questions being a bb newbie, i've learned alot from the FAQ's.

Greg
Atlanta

Fkewl
03-02-2006, 11:54 AM
possible solution

Relogin to your BIS acnt, and make sure you have the "permanent delete" option (in the profile button)

->Wireless Delete Options
Enable permanent deletion of messages on BlackBerry Internet Service when messages are deleted from the handheld.