PDA

View Full Version : Original Blackberry Alert Tone

AgWagon
03-02-2006, 02:05 PM
I did a search on this and only found dead-ends.

I really want my 8700 to be able to sound the original Blackberry alert tone from the 850/950 days. Remember the beep that escalated in pitch? I can't believe no one else has any nostalgia for that, or maybe this has been discussed and I missed it. Apologies if so.

Has anyone created an MP3 of the old tone? I'm assuming it would need to be an MP3. I checked a few ringtone sites and found nothing. Please point me in the right direction if anyone knows where it is.

hf1khal
03-02-2006, 02:53 PM
From what I see is that you can set the ringer in the profile to be escaliting. This can be for any tone you choose and have.

AgWagon
03-02-2006, 04:12 PM
That much I know but maybe I wasn't clear... I'm looking for the original tone from the first generation BBs, which is not on the new units.

I say escalating pitch tone because that's the best way I know to describe the tone itself. Old schoolers will know what I mean but it was like the tones from those old hearing tests where you had to raise your hand when you heard the sound in the headphones. The machine operator would raise the pitch of the tone incrementally each time you raised your hand.

I think I'm starting to sound crazy for going into so much detail but I would really like to have this as an option again. The great thing about it was that you could hear it easily but it wasn't that obtrusive to those around you.

Anyone else?

hf1khal
03-02-2006, 04:28 PM
I know I saw it on here some where before. I was trying to find it. It is an ADP format which needs to be converted over to MP3 if you look in the ringotnes and themes section you will find a sticky there that also shows how to do so. There are many links in there that you can also borwse to see if it is in there.